cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime not working on V6 box

charlieannear
On our wavelength

I’ve logged in to my Amazon Prime account, and can see the menu screens, but whenever I select a show to watch, all I get is the spinning wheel for a second or two and then a black screen. Nothing comes up no matter how long I wait, and if I press stop it goes back to the menu screen no problem.

V6 box seems to be working OK otherwise, Netflix works OK (although some programs won’t work, in a similar fashion, but at least I get an error message with those!)

262 REPLIES 262

Hollsharker
Tuning in

Having issues too. Try to open the app and all I get is a black screen and thin white line at the top. The amount we pay, this should not be happening!!

Hollsharker
Tuning in

Having issues too. Try to open the app and all I get is a black screen and thin white line at the top. The amount we pay, this should not be happening!

Martin_French
Tuning in

I’ve had intermittent issue with Prime since it’s arrival on V6 - historically restarting the box from the menu worked, now, even that fails to revive it. 

4 boxes in the house, not one of them has it working now... 

Black Screen - White line on all of them.

Poor effort VM.  

I'm also having problems with it. Only works intermittently. I get the black screen with the white line across the top. If I continually try, for varying lengths of time, it's not consistent, I can eventually get it to load. But most frustrating.

I'm having the same problem - daily! I reset the box and sometimes it works, sometimes there's still just a white line across the top even after a reset. The next day, it's not working yet again.

Mhopper27
Tuning in

Same issues here.

Since using amazon prime video on v6 box been inconsistently working. Does appear to be related to when you’ve used the app once (in my case exited out from a program). Once this happens and you try to use the app again, you get a black screen with a thin white line running horizontally along the screen.

Rebooting the box normally fixes the, but not always possible due to recordings.

Rogward
On our wavelength

Just a heads up for what worked for me. I was getting the blank screen/white line combo this evening for the first time. I'm using channel 228 to get to Prime. Looked through this thread and tried setting the video modes to all ticked, and then the Amazon home screen came up, but in low resolution. When I started playing Vikings though, the res was really good - better than I've had it before. 

Home/Help & Settings/Settings/Video Output/ Video Output Format/ then tick the highest resolutions (1080 and up works for me), and then click continue.

Hope this helps others. 

I have had no problems with the app until a few days ago, now like everyone else just a black screen with a white line at the top.

I have tried resetting the box with did not work, I have also tried various screen resolution settings within the V6 box which again did not work.

Only way to use amazon prime at the moment is via channel 228.  Try it 

I am and the same thing happens when pressing the red button, however, if I continue to press the red button followed by the TV button and repeat eventually it loads up.