cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime not working on V6 box

charlieannear
On our wavelength

I’ve logged in to my Amazon Prime account, and can see the menu screens, but whenever I select a show to watch, all I get is the spinning wheel for a second or two and then a black screen. Nothing comes up no matter how long I wait, and if I press stop it goes back to the menu screen no problem.

V6 box seems to be working OK otherwise, Netflix works OK (although some programs won’t work, in a similar fashion, but at least I get an error message with those!)

262 REPLIES 262

Dereklad
Fibre optic

I started to watch the new series carnival row yesterday on hdr via v6 box and the hdr banner never appeared in the right hand corner of the screen..

i then used my lg tv amazon app to view the same and the hdr banner did appear in the right hand corner of the screen..

so basically hdr on the v6 amazon app never worked..

Cable tv customer since its inception in the 80,s.
Virgin 360 and mini box.maxit tv.350 broadband.
Playstation 55 inch lg tv and ceiling projector in bedroom..
Size 9 feet..
No criminal convictions.

I dont have a stream box because im not allowed to have 1..

Amazon has not developed the Prime Video app on the V6 to support HDR, so you only get SDR.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Tennisfan
Joining in

I've got the same issue on both my V6 boxes. Amazon Prime home page comes up but once something is selected all I get is a spinning wheel followed by a blank screen. There seems to be quite a few others with the same problem. Has anyone (Virgin especially) found a solution to this problem?

Same here though works if I reboot box ,I think you have to be careful exiting the app as in pressing back button til the do you want to exit app box appears click ok,that seems to be working for me.

This seems to be an intermittent problem as it was working last night after re-booting. Although I did have unwanted subtitles during the tennis match I wanted to watch which took me a while to work out how to stop them. Hopefully I won't need to keep re-booting the boxes.

Rebooted my box and all I keep getting on prime is the lists of programmes I can select, it then goes to the next page of that programme and then I says Amazon Prime is unable ot process this request either try again later or contact www.amazonprime.co.uk/customerservice yet it works fine on the same account via my phone, laptop, smart tv

pipjac
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm having this problem this evening - has anyone worked out how to fix (all connected fine and it's been working all month!)

Thanks

I am having the same issue on both Prime and Netflix.

Select the programme to watch then black screen or “unable to play”

I unplugged and plugged everything back in and it worked this morning - we'll see what happens this evening!

Hope that helps!

BalloonMan
Tuning in

I have the same problem. Connected with ethernet cable, other apps working, but amazon Prime is just a black screen with a thin white line going across the screen near the top