cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime not working on V6 box

charlieannear
On our wavelength

I’ve logged in to my Amazon Prime account, and can see the menu screens, but whenever I select a show to watch, all I get is the spinning wheel for a second or two and then a black screen. Nothing comes up no matter how long I wait, and if I press stop it goes back to the menu screen no problem.

V6 box seems to be working OK otherwise, Netflix works OK (although some programs won’t work, in a similar fashion, but at least I get an error message with those!)

262 REPLIES 262

Azamnew
Joining in

Has anyone got this sorted.

My Netflix and Amazon Prime both work in my phone and other devices but on the box nothing.

They load but when I watch something Amazon stays black and Netflix says I can't watch this title 

Halvten
On our wavelength

Prime works great now! I think they updated the App. Have you rebooted the box?

I have done yes,

I am having the same issue with Netflix aswell, neither will play anything

From reading other forums it appears that picture quality on Amazon Prime is much better if you continue watching using your Firestick rather than using the V6 app. The frame per second on the Firestick for the UP Open Tennis is 50 compared to 25 on the app. It is very noticeable.

I've got the video resolution of my Fire TV stick set to Automatic and I get 1080p60 sent to my TV. The biggest difference is that I get the V6 stream about 25 seconds after the Fire TV stick stream.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

My Firestick outputs at 60Hz but switches to 50Hz when I play the tennis.

V6 switches to 25Hz.

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

I've got the video resolution of my Fire TV stick set to Automatic and I get 1080p60 sent to my TV. The biggest difference is that I get the V6 stream about 25 seconds after the Fire TV stick stream.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

My belief is that the Fire TV Gen 3 has the default frame rate of 59.94fps. All UK and European TVs support both 50Hz and 60Hz refresh rates so 59.94fps is easily handled by TVs which refresh at 60Hz. It makes no sense for 59.94fps to be changed to 25fps for a refresh to 50Hz.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I have exactly the same problem it worked intermittently for a while. It works ok on my upstairs V6 box but not my downstairs V6 box that is connected to my main TV. I tied rebooting it and now none of the apps or games work.

Amazon prime works fine on my iPad and computer just not on the main V6 box  very frustrating

Amazon prime stopped loading videos tonight, is a virgin problem as it works ok on firestick and mobile device.

Seems to be working this morning.