cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime not working on V6 box

charlieannear
On our wavelength

I’ve logged in to my Amazon Prime account, and can see the menu screens, but whenever I select a show to watch, all I get is the spinning wheel for a second or two and then a black screen. Nothing comes up no matter how long I wait, and if I press stop it goes back to the menu screen no problem.

V6 box seems to be working OK otherwise, Netflix works OK (although some programs won’t work, in a similar fashion, but at least I get an error message with those!)

262 REPLIES 262

I've got a V6 box in the bedroom and downstairs. I started using the Prime app downstairs from day one and up to yesterday it was fine, but from yesterday I'm just getting the spinning wheel and then a message saying to check Amazon/Video playback for help. The V6 box in the bedroom is playing Prime as normal as are the app on my blu ray player and on the tv. So, what is going on and how do I/Virgin resolve it as this seems to be a developing problem.

PS I've rebooted the downstairs V6 box while writing this but I've checked and it's made no difference, still not loading and giving the same error message

I've just tried logging out of the App, turning the box off and on and then relogging into Prime but it's made no difference.

I've reported the fault, they said they'll get back to me within 72 hours. I'll post the result. 

I have the exact same problem. Works great in my phone and tablet but nothing plays on the prime app on the V6

justain
Joining in

I had the same problem. Thanks to a google search I found the solution someone else posted on a blog site which worked.  In the video settings on the box there is an option to change from the auto option. The blogger suggested selecting all of the options that are available and not just the one that is detected. I did this and tried both Netflix and Prime Video again and now have sound. 

I tried that and nothing changed. I have got Prime back tonight though. I've been checking every day and it still wasn't working. I was watching YouTube earlier, it froze and the box rebooted. I checked Prime on the off chance and it's there! Smiley LOL

spannerjago
Joining in

Same issue for me. Select a program, spinning wheel and then blackness.

I tried the workaround but it did nothing for me. Disappointing.

Hi all,

Sorry for the Amazon Prime issues.

How's the service been since posting? If still the same, is there an update on our status page here that can explain this?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Halvten
On our wavelength

Hi there. It seems fine now. No issues for the last couple of weeks. Thanks!

Great to hear Halvten 🙂

Is there anything further I can assist you with?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill