cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime not working on V6 box

charlieannear
On our wavelength

I’ve logged in to my Amazon Prime account, and can see the menu screens, but whenever I select a show to watch, all I get is the spinning wheel for a second or two and then a black screen. Nothing comes up no matter how long I wait, and if I press stop it goes back to the menu screen no problem.

V6 box seems to be working OK otherwise, Netflix works OK (although some programs won’t work, in a similar fashion, but at least I get an error message with those!)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there,

We're aware of an issue where some customers are experiencing difficulty viewing Amazon Prime content on V6. This often results in the customer seeing a black screen.

We have raised this matter with the relevant teams and a ticket has been opened whilst it's work on. The ticket number is: NKE013410. There is currently no estimated fix time.

In the meantime, you may find a work around for the issue following these steps:

-Replace the HDMI lead with a new high speed one. 

-Bypass any receivers or stereo equipment by connecting your device directly to the TV

Failing this, change the video resolution on the V6 box, following these steps in turn until you find one that resolves the issue.

1) if 2160p (only) is enabled, also enable 2160p passthrough, then retry Amazon Prime Video

2) Disable both 2160p resolutions, and enable both 1080p resolutions, then retry

3) Disable both 1080p resolutions, and enable 1080i, then retry

4) Disable 1080i and enable 720p, then retry

5) Disable 720p and enable 576p, then retry

6) Disable 576p and enable 576i, then retry.

If none of these steps work, revert the resolution to the original setting.  Do not enable all resolutions at the same time.

-Use a different TV if possible

I hope this helps,

Michael_JK
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

262 REPLIES 262

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

If you haven't done so, connect the V6 to the hub by Ethernet cable for best network speeds and reliability.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Yep, it's connected by ethernet directly to the hub. Netflix works, other on demand services work, and I can stream to my old TiVo box

I've got the same problem with Amazon Prime on the V6 box. In the evening, just a black screen. Useless!! It's  connected by cable and my internet speed is very fast...

I have absolutely no problems when streaming Prime on the iPad, iPhone or Android box.

Exactly same problem for me. Menu screen, but then nothing. Same as above, fast ethernet connection to my box.

Brinko
On our wavelength

Same problem here. Was working fine until today. Never straightforward with Virgin is it. 

Exactly the same for me 

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello charlieannear

Thanks for your post on our forums

Sorry though to hear about the issues with Amazon Prime

How are things looking now?

Gareth_L

Halvten
On our wavelength

Amazon Prime worked fine for a few days (I could even watch live tennis!) but now it's packed up again. It's fine on all my other devices (iPad, iPhone and iPad) It's just the V6 box that is never worked on consistently, apart from a few days this week. My internet speed is very fast and it's connected by wire.  

Do they not test the app before they push it out on the V6 box??

Feena
Tuning in

I've got the same problem. Prime works fine on my laptop and the smart TV, but not through Virgin Media. I just get the black screen once I select a programme to play.