cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime black screen

Laney04
Tuning in

When I press the red button on channel 205, instead of taking me to Prime video the page goes black. 

II've gone through the settings and restarted the box but it's still doing it. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you've restarted your V6, that should rule out an app issue.

Can you use other streaming apps or OnDemand? That's a good test of whether the box's internet connection is the problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for replying.

I tried Netflix and that was working.  Minutes ago though I was just in the middle of watching something I had recorded when the box reset itself.

Now it keeps come up with an error code that then disappeared off the screen. It says c133 network availability. Now every app I try is coming up a black screen.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No TV box should restart except occasionally and then overnight - that could be a fault, or it could be a "recovery" action.

C133 is often a connectivity issue - how is your V6 connected to your homehub? That's what provides the internet connection. Does OnDemand work, using "watch from CatchUp" from a programme in the backwards guide.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Catch up isn't working either. I've noticed that the Internet seems to be slow as well. 

Starting to think it might be an issue with that. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Two checks you can make on the V6's net connection....

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, do you have an IP address in the top-right? And if it's wireless connected, what's the signal strength? 

Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > (top of screen) > TV Speed test, press "play" gives a speed test.

Thanks for your help. Turns out it was an internet issue. I unplugged the router and left it for a couple of minutes.

Now I've plugged it back in, Prime and the other apps seem to be working fine 🙂