cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime black screen of death

Aaroncreamer
Joining in

Hope you can help. 

Loading the Prime app and I just get a black screen with a white line at the top. 

Have tried rebooting the box and nothing changes. 

Anyone else having the same problem?

59 REPLIES 59

I'm getting this situation - I can see the menu of shows to watch but just a black screen whenever I try to access any show.

•    Has this service worked before and, if so, when did the issue first occur? - yes, it worked for a few days but first occurred, I think, around the start of November
•    Is your TV box connected directly to your TV? - yes
•    What type of HDMI leads are you using (standard or high speed)? - standard, but I've also tried high speed and the change of cable made zero difference.
•    Have you tried re-booting your TV box or changing the Video Resolution? - yes, tried just about everything.

Weirdly, it's working on my other V6 box, just not on the one I use for streaming stuff. So I think it's more likely hardware related than anything else, because the signal is certainly getting to the house, just not to this specific box.

Please update me when there's a resolution to this.

Trev01
Joining in

Hi is there any update on this as I'm in 26 and get the same screen? 

Hi Trev01,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Apologies you're having this issue with Prime. Can you do this for me on the box;

Home > Help & Settings > Help > Our Other Products > Broadband and run a speedtest? Just to ensure the broadband connectivity/speed is good enough. Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I’m having issues with a black screen when I select a show to watch. Can you help?

thanks 

I have the same problem 

It’s working now on one TiVo by rebooting but no joy on my other box?

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Chalkywhite

Thanks for popping back to us, even though it's on a different thread.

We do request that if you have an issue that you keep to one thread where possible; even posting your own thread would be best in order to avoid confusion and repeated posts. I can see you also have another active thread going with the same question. 

Please can we ask you to post your own thread detailing your issue with as much information as possible. 

Thank you

Katie - Forum Team

I am having issues on both the Primevideo and Netflix apps ... how do I sort this ?

Just get a black screen cannot access movies at all ... please help with solution 

Hi Hedgesiom,

Thanks for posting and sorry for the late reply, 

Are you still having an issue with the Prime app?

Have you tried rebooting your box?

Alex_Rm