cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime black screen of death

Aaroncreamer
Joining in

Hope you can help. 

Loading the Prime app and I just get a black screen with a white line at the top. 

Have tried rebooting the box and nothing changes. 

Anyone else having the same problem?

59 REPLIES 59

Hi lozwilliams - My apologies about the telephone. Having ran a check in the area, there's no reported issues. Has all been fixed?

kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes all fixed now.

Great to hear Lozwilliams 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Justine8
Joining in

Hi there,

Same here, black screen in area 21

Idk205
Joining in

My app has just started doing this again... can see the menu screen but when I select a programme (have tried lots!) I get the spinning circle and then a black screen.

I'm getting the same as this spin then nothing, also happening on Netflix. Working fine on my ps4 and mobile devices just the virgin box faulty. Again.

I’m getting the same black screen not playing anything area 14

Hi All, really sorry that you're having this problem, thanks for letting is know that this has come back. We have not been able to replicate this here but as there is a few of you with the same issue we have reported this to our  dedicated team so that they can complete further investigation. Please let us know if anything changes and will be sure to keep you updated. ^Chris. 

Lost mine again this morning after it's been working fine for the past month, I rebooted my V6 box and it's working again, I suggest exiting the channel correctly by pressing the back button until it asks Do you want to Exit the App.

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi lozwilliams,

Thank you for letting us know that a reboot seemed to have resolved your issue. I'm glad that you've been able to restore access, a reboot will often give the box the virtual kick it needs.

For anyone still experiencing this problem, could you please confirm the following information:

•    Has this service worked before and, if so, when did the issue first occur?
•    Is your TV box connected directly to your TV?
•    What type of HDMI leads are you using (standard or high speed)?
•    Have you tried re-booting your TV box or changing the Video Resolution?

Thanks,

Rachael