cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime black screen of death

Aaroncreamer
Joining in

Hope you can help. 

Loading the Prime app and I just get a black screen with a white line at the top. 

Have tried rebooting the box and nothing changes. 

Anyone else having the same problem?

59 REPLIES 59

Lelliec1980
Joining in

When we signed up to amazon prime everything worked well, but the last 2 weeks we either get a continuing loading circle or a black screen with a thin white line at the top or an error code 1066 asking to retry or go to homepage. Any advice?

Mandy296
Tuning in

Same problem here area 07. Worked fine initially now black screen with white line. Not great news with a Blaze and the Monster Machines obsessed 3 year old in the house

Area 26 black screen white line at top for amazon prime for several days. When will it be fixed? Will work after multiple attempts to access. 

Hello MandiBrennan

Sorry to hear you are having issue with Amazon Prime 

We are aware of this issue and will have it fixed asap 

Gareth_L

Followthebear
On our wavelength

Amazon Prime App not been working since Monday. Have rebooted and run checks various times but nothing wrong with V6 box or connection. When will this be fixed? Too many service and connectivity issues recently.

Please sort ASAP

Followthebear
On our wavelength

This has been going on for days. What is the problem? Why never an update and why isn’t this included in service status info? Amazon Prime is an essential part of the package. Not good. Too many service and connectivity issues recently.

Amazon Prime App/channel still not working. Why not updates?

Yep it's still fubar in Manchester. It seems a little intermittent though. It will not work for x amount of time (00:00-00:50ish), then it starts working again. During this, I just use the TV app, which is crap as the sound is out of sync.

stevedh2
Knows their stuff

Still problems here. Occasionally it does work and I'm not sure why leaving it for a day should have any effect but I've found.

In the evening

1st time I go to it, it works.

2nd time, black screen, but if I search in the V6 menu and go to a prime program directly it works.

3rd time.... nothing works including rebooting etc.

Also it must be related to a reasonably recent change as I was using prime a lot without any problems until the start of this week.

lozwilliams
On our wavelength

Still unable to access Amazon Prime in Area 20, there's just a black screen, spent an hour on the phone to Virgin only to be told it's a known fault with a fix date of the 17th Sept  !!!!!!