cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime black screen of death

Aaroncreamer
Joining in

Hope you can help. 

Loading the Prime app and I just get a black screen with a white line at the top. 

Have tried rebooting the box and nothing changes. 

Anyone else having the same problem?

59 REPLIES 59

Same problem here

Jordan2315
Tuning in

Same issue with area 25 as well, haven't been working for the last 4-5 days

and me

What's going on with this Virgin?

Bubbastubbs31
Joining in
Same here. Area 18. Happened on one box last night, restarted it and was fine through channel 228. Today the other box..
Black sxreen with white line at the top! 
Can't call because you get automated reset voice and telling you to call back! 

Any news on a permanent fix? 

Hello,

I've checked the fault ticket and our team is still working hard on a fix.

We're sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for being patient with us.

Regards,

Lisa

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is affecting me too in Scotland.

@ModTeam , this should be on Service Status so we can monitor.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Richspence
Tuning in

I have the same problem. First couple of times it was resolved by a reboot of the box but latest time even that did not solve it

Rebooting the V6 fixed it for me. 

Ngrinfels
Joining in

I am in area 22 (although I’m not sure what the relevance is) and I too have this horrific white line problem. My children have gone to bed, teary eyed and distraught, through peppa pig depravation and I too am now close to emotional breakdown as I am unable to watch The Boys. I guess I will have to resort to using my old, underspecified yet completely stable Samsung smart tv to watching Amazon Prime. Or perhaps my 12 year old Xbox 360.  Or maybe even my phone, iPad or 3 year old’s Kindle Fire. Come on Virgin, surely you can do better. This isn’t exactly cutting edge!