cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Video stuttering

mad_mike
Tuning in

Amazon Prime Video has been “stuttering” for the past few days. It was fine before and I haven’t changed anything. I have two V6 boxes and both of them are displaying the same problem, only with Amazon Prime Video (Netflix etc are fine). I have done a speed test and I’m seeing good download speeds of around 200mbps. Is anyone else having the same problem and does anyone have a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In the nicest way then, all that speed test has proven is that your iPhone can get those speeds in that location. The best way to check the connection speed on your V6 is to use the onboard speed check under Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > (top of screen) > TV Speed test

Although having said all that, if other streaming services and OnDemand on your V6 are ok - is this only affecting particular programmes on Prime? Or all?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does other streaming or VoD (try CatchUp if you're not sure) have any similar issues?

You mention doing a speed test, but how? Are you talking about the speed-test option within the V6 TV Care menus, or something else?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Other streaming services such as Netflix seem to be working fine. The speed test was from my iPhone standing next to the hub to confirm Wi-Fi speeds are fine. The V6 box also confirms strong signal (100%). It seems to be a problem specific to the Amazon prime video application on the TV. If I run Amazon Prime Video on my iPad it works fine. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In the nicest way then, all that speed test has proven is that your iPhone can get those speeds in that location. The best way to check the connection speed on your V6 is to use the onboard speed check under Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > (top of screen) > TV Speed test

Although having said all that, if other streaming services and OnDemand on your V6 are ok - is this only affecting particular programmes on Prime? Or all?

Thanks. TV speed test passed aok. At present, I’m trying to watch live tennis (Rome) and that is the program producing the stuttering problems. Movies etc on Amazon Prime play fine. It is strange because the bandwidth is clearly there to watch the same stream on my iPad, so I wonder why neither of my V6 boxes can do it?

I saw that problem on Thursday night with the live tennis - even after a reboot - but was fine since and was only on the tennis

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I  had a quick check. The tennis (Djokovic) is playing fine on my 360 box

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mad_mike,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a warm welcome back to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you're having some issues watching Amazon Prime.

How have things been for you recently? Are you still having these problems? Was this issue specific to the tennis, or have you had any similar problems when watching other programmes?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

It’s very strange, it seems to only happen with the live tennis on Amazon Prime, everything else (Netflix, Amazon Prime movies), all work okay. I’ve done a TV speed test and it passed fine. 

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mad_mike,

I am sorry to hear this. It sounds like this is potentially an issue with the Amazon feed. I've had a quick Google, and I can see that video stuttering/juddering can sometimes be attributed to the Motion Settings on your TV. You can find more information here.

Could you try switching off any Motion Settings on your TV, and then let me know if the problem still occurs?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team