Menu
terrybrown5
Tuning in
Message 21 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon Prime Channel 228 not working

I've a similar problem with mine. 

Launch amazon via the virgin list of apps, I've logged in, used it a few times, np. 

Now it's just stopped working, does exactly the same thing, shows the lists of where I'm at with all the programs but just won't launch. Just the loading circle, then black screen.. You give up eventually. Tried programs never watched, same thing. 

There's no issue with any other form of broadband or Internet or device I have, just amazon prime video using the V6 app. 

I've got Sony TV in HD no 4k and hard wired. 

I'm guessing the bandwidth is struggling with the influx of millions of people now using tv's to watch prime..

I've just checked the video outputs in the V6 settings and tested them. 

The TV supports 1080p but not pass through whatever that means? And lower resolutions aa well. Still won't work. 

I logged in to my account on my fone, same program works on the phone but not the V6 box 

I'm guessing virgins issue here. 

Prime is working 

I can log in elsewhere 

My Internet connection is good and fast hard wired

Just amazon app on V6 doesn't work 

0 Kudos
dazzler996
Joining in
Message 22 of 25
Flag for a moderator

It would appear, according to the many threads on the forum that VM are aware of this issue but do not have a resolution, rather a user came up with a workaround which is as follows:

What you need to do is go to settings on your V6 box select video output and change the settings to 1080p from 2160p click continue click thumbs up three times then you should be good to go - It worked for me but of course this defeats the object entirely as running 1080p as opposed to 2160p is not acceptable.

0 Kudos
sjholland
Dialled in
Message 23 of 25
Flag for a moderator

@terrybrown5 wrote:

I've a similar problem with mine. 

Launch amazon via the virgin list of apps, I've logged in, used it a few times, np. 

Now it's just stopped working, does exactly the same thing, shows the lists of where I'm at with all the programs but just won't launch. Just the loading circle, then black screen.. You give up eventually. Tried programs never watched, same thing. 

There's no issue with any other form of broadband or Internet or device I have, just amazon prime video using the V6 app. 

I've got Sony TV in HD no 4k and hard wired. 

I'm guessing the bandwidth is struggling with the influx of millions of people now using tv's to watch prime..

I've just checked the video outputs in the V6 settings and tested them. 

The TV supports 1080p but not pass through whatever that means? And lower resolutions aa well. Still won't work. 

I logged in to my account on my fone, same program works on the phone but not the V6 box 

I'm guessing virgins issue here. 

Prime is working 

I can log in elsewhere 

My Internet connection is good and fast hard wired

Just amazon app on V6 doesn't work 

It sounds as if this is just a local problem. I watched Bosch last night on channel 228 without problem.

0 Kudos
terrybrown5
Tuning in
Message 24 of 25
Flag for a moderator

If your TV is 2160p that is. 

0 Kudos
Tomcat1
Joining in
Message 25 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Well done Virgin you must have fixed this problem for me, as I have done nothing to fix it myself and now it works! shame you didn't tell me as I had given up on it?

0 Kudos