cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime (205) throwing 9068 error when trying to rent Home Premiere film

nagartath
Tuning in

Amazon Prime (ch 205) is working fine except when trying to rent a Home Premiere title I get a 9068 error message.

I have deregistered the device from Amazon Prime and re-registered - no luck

I have rebooted the V6 box, again no luck

I have recently had my hub upgraded from 3 to 4, could this be the issue.  i've looked at various reports on the internet for this error and the only one that I haven't been able to determine is a location restriction (the title isn't available in the UK)

If I try and rent via the mobile app or web there are no issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Beth, everything else is fine.  I tried all the below, I can't update my device unless Virgin are sending an update out for it 😉

I sent an email to the Amazon support email address shown when looking in the V6 Amazon app and that has obviously done the trick as Home Premiere is now working.

Thanks everyone looking into it

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this error being generated within the Prime app itself, or the V6 menu? I suspect the former, but can you confirm?

If so, it's likely to be an app error rather than a V6 issue per-se, you can certainly test the V6's net connection by checking whether you can view OnDemand or other streaming programmes?

Do other titles within the Prime app play ok, or is it just this specific one that's problematic?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for taking a look.

This is within the app itself, I can watch Prime (free) films and can rent non Home Premiere films.

Just seems to be Home Premiere films causing the issue.  Tried a few Home Premiere films and got the same error.

Hi nagartath

Thanks for posting. 

So I can assist further, is this all 'home premiere' films? 

If not all, please can you let us know the titles so we can check these.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, it is all of them for me.

Thanks

Hi nagarath,

Thanks for confirming.

Have you tried renting a film from Amazon Prime on another device to see if you get the same result?

After having a look online, I've found this available from the Amazon website about the same error code. I appreciate that you have already tried some of the steps:

Hello everyone!

If you're still experiencing this issue, our technicians recommend these troubleshooting steps.

Deregister Device:

1. Go to the website www.amazon.com/pin
  2. Login with correct username and password with which the device is registered.
  3. Go to the section Registered Devices and click on the option Deregister.
  4. You will get one pop-up saying if you'd like to Deregister the device, click on Deregister.

Register Device:

1. Go to the website www.amazon.com/pin
  2. Login with correct username and password with which your device is registered.
  3. Go to the section Registered devices and click on the option Register Your Device .
  4. You should select the specific device you wish to register.

Software/Firmware Update:

If you need help doing this, please reach out to your TV or device manufacturer.

Factory reset the device:

1. Go to the settings menu, or ask Alexa to check for updates depending on your device.

If the steps above didn't help, please let us know!

I hope that helps,

Beth

Beth

Hi Beth, everything else is fine.  I tried all the below, I can't update my device unless Virgin are sending an update out for it 😉

I sent an email to the Amazon support email address shown when looking in the V6 Amazon app and that has obviously done the trick as Home Premiere is now working.

Thanks everyone looking into it

Thanks for the update nagartath.

Pleased to hear that your issue has now been resolved. We appreciate you advising what was done as this will help our other community members who are experiencing the same issue in the future.

If you need any further assistance with anything, please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi.