cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon App - Loss of Centre Audio Channel

i_am_amnesia
Tuning in

Hi,

Having trouble with loss of centre channel audio on the amazon app. No issues with TV or Netflix so I think that rules out the amplifier / external hardware. 

Sometimes it can be corrected by pausing / playing the program, but often it needs to be a power cycle of the box.

Tonight even a power cycle hasn't given us sound back.

Called tech support a while back about it, jumped through all the front line hoops (reset box, check internet speed etc) and got passed to the next support level but couldn't wait on hold so had to hang up.

I'll call tech support again when I have time to wait around on hold, but I'm curious - is this just me or is it an issue others are having too?

13 REPLIES 13

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sound's like you have quite the set up. 

That seems like a good next step to take,  keep me updated and let me know if this makes a difference. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

A bypass of the Denon doesn't help as it means that there will be no audio sent to the surround speakers. I suggest that the speaker connections are first checked and, if OK, a V6 swap is done as no apps can be removed or installed.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

I don't think its the speaker connections - sound only ever craps out on Amazon. Pause / play / rewind the program and it sometimes comes back. Sometimes its a power cycle of the Tivo, but the amp and its connections are never touched.

Never had the sound drop with the Bluray, TV or Netflix.

What bypassing the Denon does is take the whole AV part out of the equation. Only problem with that is I have to move all the kit to get behind it to disconnect the HDMIs - so this doesn't eliminate potential dodgy hardware connections as I have disturbed them.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @i_am_amnesia,

Thank you for coming back to us, it dose sound like a hardware issue. 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can get some account information and we can go from there. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M