cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All4 not working

arrison
Tuning in

The all4 app is not working on my tivo box. No matter what I try to watch, the ads play OK, then I get an error message "ALL4-011: This content is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Tried rebooting the box, that hasn't fixed it. Anyone else had this and managed to fix it? 

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@arrison wrote:

It is a 4k TV, but I've tried changing the box's output to 1080p as per the post further up, and it still doesn't work

Did you reboot after changing the resolution?

HDCP issues with VOD are typically a black screen immediately after the lead-in adverts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yep, rebooted it, no difference. And I get an error message after the ads

"ALL4-011: This content is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @arrison,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing issue. I'm sorry to hear that this issue is still active.

I was able to locate your account and run some basic checks. 

I can see that your V6 Box uptime is showing as 24 days. Will you be able to reboot your V6 box by switching off the small switch on the back of the box for a minute or two, before flicking it back on please?

This will reboot the box and hopefully help resolve your issue.

Keep us updated on how you're getting on.

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I don't know what you've done your end, but it seems to have fixed it. Now can you do something to stop it making me watch that yodelling domino's ad before every program? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Welcome to the world of online advertising.

Part of the "joys" of these streaming apps is that such rubbish is entirely at the control of the broadcaster.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'm with you on that particular advert @arrison!

Channel 4 do seem to make a point of boasting how it's the biggest free streaming service (and don't get me wrong, there is some excellent content on there)

What they don't tell you about is the high volume of adverts! 

Anyway, pleased that you've been able to regain access to the app and do feel free if you have any further issues

Happy viewing!

David_Bn