cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All4 app not playing

Lp64
Joining in

Hi,

I subscribe to all4 + for ad free watching.

For some reason recently I can’t get any programmes to play through the app via virgin on my Sony TV, despite it having played fine previously?

Im having to cast to TV from my iPhone or iPad.

I’ve contacted All4, but not had any reply.

Anyone else having issues? 

thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It sounds to me, like the VM piece is working where the app loads and has internet connectivity. That would make this a C4 issue.

But without having an All-4 subscription to replicate, it's hard to be certain.

The only obvious thing is to restart your V6 via the Help & Settings menu, to rule out a gremlin with the app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do other OnDemand or streaming services work on your V6? That's a good test of the internet connection, which is a common reason for issues.

After that... when you say you "can't get any programmes to play", can you give some details of what happens when you try?

I have a suspicion this will be a C4-app problem, but a description of what happens will be a big help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you for the reply, iplayer, itv hub, Netflix etc all play without problem, we are on the 200mb broadband and no problems other than with all4, frustrating when it’s an app I pay for for the add free benefits.

what happens is I just get a black screen with a scrolling green/yellow line (like the bottom of the 4 logo) but nothing plays 🤷🏼‍♀️

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It sounds to me, like the VM piece is working where the app loads and has internet connectivity. That would make this a C4 issue.

But without having an All-4 subscription to replicate, it's hard to be certain.

The only obvious thing is to restart your V6 via the Help & Settings menu, to rule out a gremlin with the app.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lp64

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with All4 at the moment. 

Can you advise if you see an error code at all or is it just the blank screen? I'm thinking maybe HDCP 2.2 issue. Is your Song TV an Ultra 4K HD TV? If so, please follow these steps to see if changing the output to 1080p works. 

Please also try completely rebooting the set top box as suggested. Let us know if this has helped at all or if you are still having issues. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thank you Carly, I do t receive any error code, when I click on continue watching to play a programme, it just has a black screen with the scrolling green to yellow line, usually when it’s working it will come up with the 4 logo and the programme will play.

it was playing up again last night and I had to restart my TiVo box again! All other apps okay fine like Netflix, prime video, itv hub, iplayer and my5, it’s just all4plus that’s being problematic 

Thanks for coming back to us @Lp64, I'm sorry that you're still having this issue with All4 plus.

Have you rebooted your box as @japitts suggested?

Please could you try to clear your TV box's cache by doing the following : Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play

Has this only happened since you upgraded to All4plus or have you not used the service without the ad free version?

Regards,

Steven_L

I haven’t used the app before having all4+ 

no other apps are a problem 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't have an All-4 subscription, but don't you still access the same app on your V6 and then just sign-in as appropriate?

If so, one logical test is to try non-subscription content on the same app.