Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my TV apps not working?

wotusaw
Superfast

All my 'all apps' are not working? 

I cannot get Netflix/Amazon/ITVX etc.

Problem started 22/04/23.

I have rung Virgin twice. First time I was told it would take 5 days to fix the fault? This seemed odd to me. Also cut off half way through.

Second time I was assured they would check the line etc this afternoon.and contact me. Nothing appears to have been done.

Any help would be appreciated.

Area ref 20.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Break your issue down into which connections you're having issues with.

If your home broadband is working - self evidently your internet is fine. If it's not, then clearly the V6 is just the symptom of a broadband problem.

If you are only having issues with internet-based services on your V6, then the connection from your homehub to the TV box is the problem. Service status will not help with this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Client62
Legend

Has WiFi Pausing of the VM Connect app been used and in error theTV is now blocked from the internet.

No.

I haven't touched anything.

I can get the Netflix/Amazon/ITVX etc homepages but it won't play any content.

Interestingly the internet is now acting oddly. Faults are now listed on Virgin problem site.

Speed comes up as ok but access to some servers has gone?

So for example I can't connect to the Titanfall 2 game servers.

Obviously I've rebooted modem and V6.

I'll try home/help/settings/network/connect to virgin and see what I can find. 

Tv is connect via ethernet cable btw, not wi-fi. Will check Wi-Fi pausing if I can find it.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Streaming apps & OnDemand all use the internet.

Can you use OnDemand services OK? try watching a programme from C4, C5, UKTV or Sky OnDemand. The area ref is a billing number and has no relevance here.

How is your V6 connected to your homehub, it is this which provides the internet connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Call the automated number 0800 561 0061 to see if there are any faults being reported.

These speed tests are handy to get an idea of the state of the internet :

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

http://cloudtalk.speedtestcustom.com/

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Break your issue down into which connections you're having issues with.

If your home broadband is working - self evidently your internet is fine. If it's not, then clearly the V6 is just the symptom of a broadband problem.

If you are only having issues with internet-based services on your V6, then the connection from your homehub to the TV box is the problem. Service status will not help with this.

Honestly don't know what to make of it.

Ordinary tv, C5 etc working.

All apps, Netflix/ Amazon getting homepage content won't play.

Having trouble getting onto TF2 gaming servers, but that maybe nothing to do with this fault.

Internet speeds are fine.

I'll check internet connection from hub to v6 but it hasn't been touched or disturbed.

Been humming and harring whether to go over to Sky lately. Been checking them out on Youtube lately.

Been with NTL/Virgin for 40 years plus and this problem what with the dubious promises of the help centre is kinda pushing me to jump ship.

I'll ring the help centre tomorrow for the 3rd time and see if I get any joy. Will ring the fault line as well.

Youv'e all been very helpful, thanks.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

IMHO self-help via this forum will be as good as the fault line here, if we can be methodical.

When you say "C5 working", do you mean live TV? Or C5 OnDemand?

I presume you have tried the obvious and restarted the V6 via Help & Settings? That will rule out an app-issue.

Channel 5 TV.

Yes, did reboot everything, modem and v6. Didn't do it via help and setting though. Just turned off 30 seconds then on.

Virgin have sent me an email saying theyv'e identified the fault and will fix it by 25/04/23 so here's hoping.

They didn't say exactly what it is but my guess would be the junction box on the street, maybe?

Will return with the result. Hate leaving sagas unfinished. Thanks again.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Live TV doesn't use the internet, and if you're posting on here from your VM connection I'm going to assume your underlying internet connection is working.

Nothing you've said thus far convinces me that the connection between your V6 & homehub has been checked - if this is the cause, then I'll be pleasantly surprised if this "area fault" has anything to do with your issues.

Try viewing a C4, C5, UKTV or Sky programme OnDemand and see if it works. Not a live TV show, but an OnDemand programme - and from one of these broadcasters specifically, because they don't use apps. I have a suspicion this will also fail.