cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional tv point

ChrissyG123
Joining in

Hi, We have had an extension to our house and I have run 2no coax cables back to the hub point (I'm told the coax is VM compliant). I have run 2no cables to give us the flexibility to have the tv in different sides of the extension, so only one will be used at any one time, we'll be looking at upgrading to multiroom.

How much will this cost to get connected?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The cost for a non-fault callout is £25 which will include all cabling & connectors necessary for whatever amendments you need.

Who told you the co-ax you've installed, is compliant?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The cost for a non-fault callout is £25 which will include all cabling & connectors necessary for whatever amendments you need.

Who told you the co-ax you've installed, is compliant?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply.

An independent tv aerial installer told me the cable was the type that VM use, I just hope he's right as it's all plastered in now!!

its been known for VM to use pre installed cables but its rare - i would work on the assumption they would not - what the TV installer says is of no interest to VM - you will have to ague the point on the day and hope you get a tech prepared to test them and use them

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi @ChrissyG123

In follow up to the advice given by japitts.  If you're looking to get multi-room, the cost could depend on available offers at the time.  Your best best would be to call our team on 0345 454 1111 or 150 from our mobile or landline service.

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks for the advice Tony

Ok Lee, thanks for the info