cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional TV box cabling

meadschelt1
Joining in

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help with a question?

I currently have a single V6 box in my lounge. There is a single socket on the wall in the lounge fed from outside and a single socket in the hall where the router is located.

I have previously installed extension coax from the lounge that goes to the loft.  When I currently want to watch the virgin output on a projector in the loft - I connect the extension coax to the feed that comes from the socket in the lounge and carry the V6 box upstairs. Reboot and can then watch on the projector. I simply return the box when I am finished upstairs.

I'm currently in process of upgrading my package to Ultimate Volt? that includes - 'Additional TV Box'.  I shall want to install this upstairs in the loft next to the projector.  Since I already have the extension coax routed upstairs I will want to use this to connect to the additional TV box.   

Does the additional tv box come with everything I need to connect the extension coax that I already have? Do I need to buy a splitter or some sort of isolator?

Just want to make sure I can do this before I get past the 14 day cooling off period.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Nick

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Nick,

You shouldn't be using your own extension coax, it's against VM's terms and conditions.

Apart from that it can degrade other peoples connections.

If you do want to upgrade to the Ulimate Volt and receive the additional TV box then I suggest asking for a manned install so VM can use their approved cabling and also perform onsite testing to ensure the signals are at their best.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks,  I'll ask for a manned install then.