cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a V6 box

Domestos
Tuning in

I have 1 TiVo box...

How much does it cost to add a V6 box for the living room?

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Domestos 

Adding an extra box is an additional £10 per month.

The V6 doesn't have an internal  broadband connection like your TIVO box so if you haven't already got broadband as part of your package with VM then you would have to add that too. Or you could just add another TIVO package without having to take out broadband with VM.

Adding another box would also incur a £30 network installation fee

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

And make sure you have a co-ax connection point in the location you want to use the new box. If you don't, you will need to request a manned engineer installation for the new equipment.

Personally - go down the package renegotiation route and see if you can swap your TiVo for a V6 as part of the same deal. That way, you'll have 2 x V6 each with their own hard drives and independent storage. You might get a sales pitch on converting to 360, but be aware one of the issues with doing this would be that you have one master box - the additional mini-box won't have a hard drive of itself.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks