cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of my upgrade

col1305
Tuning in

How long does it take for my channels to show on my virgin box after an upgrade?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @col1305 

If you phoned in and did the regrade it's usually immediately, unless you are also receiving new equipment.

Any other method normally takes 48 to 72 working hours, although can take a couple of days longer if they are really busy as the channels need to be added manually.

You could try rebooting the VM TV set top box.

Which actual box do you have?

If you have a V6 box you could try to update your channels by using your remote and clicking on

Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels and allowing around 10 minutes or so to update.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do you mean TV channels or BB channel info? What have you upgraded to?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I have added sports and films to my package.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @col1305 

If you phoned in and did the regrade it's usually immediately, unless you are also receiving new equipment.

Any other method normally takes 48 to 72 working hours, although can take a couple of days longer if they are really busy as the channels need to be added manually.

You could try rebooting the VM TV set top box.

Which actual box do you have?

If you have a V6 box you could try to update your channels by using your remote and clicking on

Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels and allowing around 10 minutes or so to update.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Absolutely brilliant, I really appreciate you taking time out to respond on a Saturday evening, it worked a treat, thank you.

Kind regards

Col1305

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @col1305 

That's great news, thanks for updating the thread,

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi @col1305 thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad you have been able to find the answer to your question on the forums.
As you can see there is a wealth of knowledge here by the team, the VIP's and the community.
If you ever need any assistance, feel free to reach out to us and we'll assist as much as we can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs