Menu
lonewolf66
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Activation Fee for extra V6 box

Just rang VM to find out about an extra V6 box. Was told it was an extra £7.50 per month, with the £40 installation charge being waived, but that the Activation cost was a whopping £124. What!!!! What on earth is this for? Been a customer for over 20 years continuously. Have Full House Bundle with VIVID 200. Plus 5 mobile phone contracts with Virgin. Yet a new customer gets the same package for £17 a month cheaper than me and only £50 for the extra V6 box upfront cost. How's that for loyal customer care?
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Activation Fee for extra V6 box

Below is the blurb from the VM website - so those numbers don't add up.  You should try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" then “technical issues” – (They are open Monday – Friday, 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. – [08.01 is best!]) you have a better chance of getting a UK call centre (it could still be a 30’+ wait though) who will be more understanding and helpful.  Tell them you are thinking of leaving for Sky because they have great offers on SkyQ multibox packages and they should sort you out a good deal in lieu of agreeing a new 12 month contract.

Virgin TV V6 box: There is a £99.95 fee for existing customers taking their first Virgin TV V6 plus £20 set up fee.  Virgin TV V6 box is free to new customers taking their first Virgin TV V6, but the £20 set up fee applies. New VIP customers get second Virgin TV V6 box for free (plus £20 set up fee). Additional Virgin TV V6 boxes are available for £99.95 plus £20 set up fee plus £7.50 per month. Additional Virgin TV V6 boxes are available to new customers for £49.95 plus £20 set up fee plus £7.50 per month

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
lonewolf66
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mastic01
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There running out of V6 boxes I’ve heard hence the price increase!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi lonewolf66, 

Thank you for getting in touch.  

I can confirm as this will be an additional V6 box and not your first installation, the £99.95 fee would not apply. There will still be an activation fee applicable to any additional set top box which will not be higher than a £25 one off cost. 

Please let us know if you require any further information regarding this Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Superstar
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Natalie_L wrote:

I can confirm as this will be an additional V6 box and not your first installation, the £99.95 fee would not apply. There will still be an activation fee applicable to any additional set top box which will not be higher than a £25 one off cost.

Oooh  that's interesting - is that a change of policy or a limited time offer?  Does it include then a "free" replacement for a V series or Tivo box ? And is it applicable for all existing customers ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jbrennand,

My apologies as I should have been clearer in my clarification on my previous post. 

We occasionally have offers which will mean the activation fees can be waived but i am afraid they are not applicable all of the time.  The normal activation fee can cost up to £124.99 on an additional V6 box plus any installation fees.  

We can review this on an individual basis with our support teams. 

Apologies for the misunderstanding, 

thanks,

Nat
0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I give up trying to make sense of the upfront costs for additional boxes. Before the V6 came out, a second TiVo box would cost just £14.99 upfront (activation fee), but subsequent boxes would be £49.95 + £14.99 activation fee. Now they're saying that a second box is more expensive than adding a 3rd or 4th. And what's the deal for customers who just want a TiVo box for their 2nd or 3rd outlet? Is that still an option for those that meet the V6 criteria and is the pricing still the same as it used to be pre-V6?

Actually I don't want to know, they seem to make it up as they go along.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi av-115, 

TiVo prices would differ to the V6 box but yes, they are still available to add as an additional set top box.  Costs would be dependent on the package but there will be additional charges such as activation fees per box added. 

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos