Menu
matt444
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Absolute Robbing Fraudulent Pigs

Virgin Media have put on my account that I signed a new contract with internet and TV bundle. However, I had not even clicked and signed the link sent in the email after I read small print where it stated that costs will rise to £60+ a month after 12 months. This is fraud and I want to take legal action against these robbing scum.

Does anybody have any experience with this and what action did you take?

0 Kudos
se1lad
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Absolute Robbing Fraudulent Pigs

@matt444 wrote:

Virgin Media have put on my account that I signed a new contract with internet and TV bundle. However, I had not even clicked and signed the link sent in the email after I read small print where it stated that costs will rise to £60+ a month after 12 months. This is fraud and I want to take legal action against these robbing scum.

Does anybody have any experience with this and what action did you take?

How long is your contract for?  if it is for 12 months then you could cancel at the end of the contract and not have to accept the price increase.  Or alternatively contact retentions and get the same or better deal that you are on now.

Its the same for any service provider these days - the minute your deal ends you go to the standard price - BT, Sky and gas/electric providers do the same.  Assuming it is a 12 months contract Virgin have told you in your contract what they intend to do at the end of 12 months so how is this fraud?   

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Absolute Robbing Fraudulent Pigs

If you check the Legal Stuff page it explains in detail what constitutes a contract and your rights to cancel.

As the previous poster quite correctly states, Virgin are informing you of the possible charges once your discounted offer ends, by calling them (in the 11th month) and selecting the thinking of leaving option you may very well get a deal for about what you are paying now.

It can not be considered as fraud if for example you have a 12 month contract for £10 a month and you are informed that in the 13th month that the cost will then be £20 per month.  You are required to give one months notice of your intention to terminate the contract (hence contacting them in the 11th month) and if you do nothing then the new charges will come into effect.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos