cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL programmes in Black and white

pondhopper
Tuning in

Last night when I turned off my TV everything was working fine.
However when I turned on my TV today, my Tivo V6 box is showing EVERY single channel in black and white, Not one ounce of colour anywhere.
However when I switch my TV over to work as a terrestrial TV, or as Satellite and Freeview ALL the progammes are fine and OK, everything is in colour, even Netflix and Amazon Prime, which I also tried on the Tivo box, and they're in B/W too.

Your website, after checking the service status in my area, it showed my postcode as having issues with TV's
Your message on your website, after the online check

There´s a TV issue in GU** ***

Thanks for your patience while we work to fix things as quick as we can.

We hope to fix this by 27 June  at 13:55

We've found what's causing the issue and a technician is on the way to fix it.

(Oh. BTW, the technician has been on the way ALL week!)

So you're telling me that I've got to wait until the 27th for you to get this fixed!?
Oh btw, this is an updated message as the issue was the same earlier in the week, but it applied to the Disney+ app, which I don't have, let alone having Disney.
Either your workforce hasn't turned up, or they've not fixed it yet, and to my way of thinking the problem has got worse.

Don't ask me to phone you either, that's a complete waste of time, I'm not going to sit on the phone for hours getting shunted from A-B and then get the same answer as you show on your website.
Time to cancel, I do believe, as I'm out of contract with you now. Am now actively looking at getting a NowTV box for my needs, to supplement my Sat/Freeview TV.

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @pondhopper 

It's possibly an HDMI error. Have you tried  unplugging the HDMI from both the V6 and the TV and then reseating it? Or try a different HDMI cable.

You may need to reboot the V6 and TV when doing this.

Also, after checking/renewing the HDMI cables,  do you have another TV to connect with the V6 to see if that produces a colour display?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pondhopper wrote:

my Tivo V6 box is showing EVERY single channel in black and white, Not one ounce of colour anywhere.even Netflix and Amazon Prime, which I also tried on the Tivo box, and they're in B/W too

If different sources on the V6 (live TV, recorded, OnDemand, streamed) are all affected, I'm also minded to this being a video output issue.

You've not said, so I'll ask... have you restarted your V6 via Home > Help & Settings > Clear & Restart?

If not, then I'll wager the HDMI chain has a fault somewhere, so you need to prove each part of that in turn: The cable, and the port on your TV. Rule each one out in turn using known working alternatives.

Only once every other aspect has been proven, can you conclude the issue may be with the V6 output and you can report that fault accordingly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks