cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A discovery of witches UHD missing

Zafar
On our wavelength

Hi

Was watching this sky one boxset in UHD fine yesterday (I paid the £6 upgrade fee for Sky Cinema and Sky entertainment boxsets in UHD) . Tried continuing today and I get a 408 error. Worse still,  other episodes in the same series folder now appear as HD. So some episodes listed as UHD give you a 408 error and the ones that do work are in HD only.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance 

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you missing individual episodes or complete series in UHD?

I'm unfortunately not able to check my V6 at the moment, but if you have some episodes but not others in HD/UHD that's potentially a fault.

If a complete series is missing in UHD (or any format), then this can just mean that it's not available.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can confirm the complete series is no longer available in UHD on the 360, however series 1 episodes 1-8, and series 2 episodes 1-10 are both showing available in.SD and HD 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zafar
On our wavelength
Spoiler

Yes, I had a folder with some UHD episodes and others in HD. Selecting a UHD episode gave a 408, and that episode then being re-labelled as HD.

Seems like I started watching on the last day before they began taking down the UHD version. And were in the process of doing so when I checked in again giving me inconsistent series folders. 

A "leaving soon" banner would be nice?? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Zafar wrote:

On the last "search & explore" screen before pressing "Watch now", there is a prompt on the RHS which warns of impending expiry a week or so before.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Zafar
On our wavelength

@japitts wrote:

@Zafar wrote:

On the last "search & explore" screen before pressing "Watch now", there is a prompt on the RHS which warns of impending expiry a week or so before.

My guess is that would be for programmes due to be taken down completely rather than where SD/HD versions remain and only UHD is removed? I'm currently seeing "leaving on 31/8“ on Bram Stoker's Dracula for example. 

Wouldn't normally care, but it's hard to get any sense of what's what, whether you're dealing with a temporary glitch (408)or an actual expiry - if you ring up they just say it's at the discretion/control of the provider (in this case Sky one) 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Zafar wrote:
My guess is that would be for programmes due to be taken down completely rather than where SD/HD versions remain and only UHD is removed?  

Nope, it's for all expiring assets. The HD variant is an asset in its own right, along with the SD and any UHD.

In most cases SD & HD will have the same expiry. UHD can be different.

Zafar
On our wavelength

OK thanks. Will keep a look out for that.

Pretty sure I didn't see any expiry notification for Witches, but will give them benefit of the doubt. 

If items begin disappearing without any such notification on the other hand — or with a 408 — seems reasonable to assume it's most likely to be a glitch. That's really the bigger issue, as there doesn't at present appear to be any proper distinctions - customer service agents just say the provider(Sky) control it.

Thanks again. 

Zafar
On our wavelength

Well it's back!! Which suggests it was a glitch after all. All good, except, again, there needs to be a proper way to report/rectify these things rather than just being told the provider may have taken it down. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Zafar wrote:

Well it's back!! Which suggests it was a glitch after all. All good, except, again, there needs to be a proper way to report/rectify these things rather than just being told the provider may have taken it down. 

Reporting via this forum is a good way.