cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

602 error

Lisa6789
On our wavelength

Hi folks,

getting a 602 error about 20 mins into watching any on demand movies since the restoration of tv services. Have rebooted box to no avail. Are there still some unresolved issues?

TIA

Lisa

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the same thing happen with other OnDemand programmes? It's the same underlying service that delivers VoD films as any other OnDemand programme.

And are you watching on a 4K/UHD or Samsung TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lisa6789
On our wavelength

I haven’t noticed with other on demand stuff but I haven’t watched much to be fair. We managed to get through the first Harry Potter movie fine, then the next few all crashed out after 20 mins.

It is however UHD on a Samsung!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In that case, there's 2 tests to try....

1: Does the same problem happen with other VoD content?

2: Try dropping your video output to 1080 under Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video output.

The second test will mean your TV will upscale to 2160, but will prove whether this is a possible HDCP issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Lisa6789
On our wavelength

I changed the video output settings and tried the next film - 20 mins in dropped again. I haven’t had tome to try other on demand content yet.
I have noticed packet loss has started on my broadband since Sunday, could that have an impact?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OK, so probably not an HDCP issue then. Try some other VoD content and see if the same thing happens.

Broadband issues shouldn't cause VOD to drop in the way you describe. At the risk of turning this into a Broadband post - which will be better in the Broadband section of this forum for better advice - what's the packet loss issue you have?

Lisa6789
On our wavelength

Just that I was noticing a lot of dropped packets on the line on my monitor. Rebooted and recovered it. Will try VOD at the weekend.

Hi Lisa6789

Sorry to hear this 

I know you mentioned you will have a look at this over the weekend

I just wanted to know if you have checked since your last post 

Gareth_L

Lisa6789
On our wavelength

Not yet - I plan on trying a non UHD movie tonight and other VOD content at the weekend, we’ll see how it goes…

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Lisa6789 

If it's an older Samsung TV check if it has a port named MHL. I it does then put the HDMI cable in there and see if thats any better. On the older models the MHL port was for 4K.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali