cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4k output

Dave0wales
Tuning in

I had an issue with my Tivo v6 box, an engineer has been out and solved my issue but now I am not getting a 4k output from my box..I've checked hdmi cables, swapped cables and swapped hdmi ports on my TV. 

12 REPLIES 12

Richardr1
Up to speed

I found that the other day. I restarted the box and the 4k output, where relevant, returned.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which box do you have? The TiVo doesn't support 4K UHD, the V6 does.

If you have a V6, what're your video output settings? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Video.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Have v6 box...had 4k output before I had the box issue. Won't let me select uhd output, think the hdmi port is knackered. 

Tried that...still only giving HD output, think hdmi port on box is knackered. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the HDMI port is broken, I'd expect to be not working at all.

Can you clarify what you mean by "not getting a 4K output", and how your V6 displays...

1: HD broadcast channels, 2: HD VoD programmes, 3: 4K/UHD content

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Did the engineer replace the hdmi cable? Is the hdmi cable a high speed version. What are your video settings on the V6?  How are you checking that the TV is receiving a 4k picture from the V6?

NodNolan
Tuning in

I've also been having an issue with 4k.

I'm getting a blue screen that takes up half the width of the TV.

I had an update on my Phillips Ambilight so can't work out of it's the TV or Virgin.

Do we have any commonality with our issues?

HD is fine. Using a high speed hdmi cable, didn't have any issue with 4k output before I had an issue with the v6 box. Just get a blank black screen if I select 2160 output. No 4k output on netflix or prime. TV only showing 1280. Firestick is outputting hdr to TV, so not a TV issue

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dave0wales 

What's the make & model of your TV?