cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4k/Ultra HD

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I am having an issue with the $k Content on my V6 Box. 

BT Sport Ultimate and Virgin Ultra HD is not displaying in 4K. I have a 4K TV, using a high speed HDMI cable & using the correct HDMI port in my TV and still not getting a decent picture. 

Phoned Virgin Media who advised there is not an issue and I should speak to my TV's manufacture despite advising that I can watch 4K content on Netflix.  

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's your V6 output set to? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video output

If 2160 isn't enabled, then your V6 will output at 1080 (or whatever you have selected) and your TV will be upscaling to 2160.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Anonymous.

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Have you been in touch with your TV manufacturer as advised to see if the issue lies there? 

Have you tried the advice outlined by @japitts above? 

Let us know. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for getting back to me @Sofia_B the resolution on my V6 Box is set to 4K and not 1080p.

I have also speak to LG who has advised the HDMI port I am using is the correct one. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's the model number of your LG TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

You say that you are "not getting a decent picture" but how do you know that your TV isn't receiving 4K? The LG, like all TVs, has the means to tell you what is the input resolution (which should be 2160p50).

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi ArcherH,

My TV's are both LG: You should be able to depress the scroll wheel on the remote (if you have one) and it will show you what the screen is showing on the banner at the top, it should show:

19:9 .. 2160p 50Hz ... Dolby Digital ..... All HDMI Ports on the TV are 4K@60Hz, but mine is in Port 1.

On the V6, the settings should be:

Audio: Dolby Digital

Video Output Format: 2160p

Those settings 'should' give you excellent UHD picture & audio.

🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On my LG (NANO796NE) I press the AD/SAP button (3 dots) then scroll down and click on Information. This brings up a banner at the bottom of the screen detailing the picture and sound formats.

Also clicking on All Settings > Picture > Additional Settings, I have HDMI Ultra HD Colour turned on.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything has now been resolved. Apparently resetting the box triggered the change is streaming quality. 

Hey Archer,

Good to hear you managed to get everything sorted ...

Enjoy 4K.

😊

Steve

Utrinque Paratus