Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4k HDMI Splitting Problem

No, the issue here is to drive two TVs with a single V6 by splitting V6’s single HDMI out into two.

0 Kudos
stricko
Tuning in
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Spot on. I've just ordered one of these.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DN46C73/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The spec looks right, but then again so did the previous one I ordered......

I'll let you all know how I get on....

(Surely I'm not the only person trying to split a v6 4k output...)

0 Kudos
McQueen
Dialled in
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

How did you get on with the splitter Stricko, did it work okay? I’m after a solution like this - 4K to main TV and downscale to HD for kitchen TV.

0 Kudos
stricko
Tuning in
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The splitter seems to be working fine, with 4k to both set-ups. This is different to what you want, with one 4k, and one HD output.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Does the Neet support the full 18Gbps bandwidth signal? If not, perhaps that's why it didn't work.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jampet
Tuning in
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Just found this thread and i have exactly the same issue trying to feed 2x 4K TVs. Both work independently (i.e. without the splitter) but i can only get 1080P with the switchbox. 

Doe the box you recommend work 100%? I would also be connecting an xbox one. Have you connected any other 4k source other than the V6 box?

0 Kudos
stricko
Tuning in
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

To answer a couple of points.

The Neet box that I originally bought says it supports 4k up to 60khz, but interestingly does NOT say that it goes all the way to 18gps. Maybe that was the problem, but it's a pity that Neet did not themselves mention this when I was talking to them. They seem to have a new product that does support 18 gps, but it doesn't have the flexibility of the one I originally bought, and will only output 2 x 2160p, so wouldn't be of any use to the member who wanted 1 x 2160p, 1 x 1080p.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DL9MB2P

Would I recommend the other box I bought? I did have some issues when I first got it, trying to get both screens active, but it seems to have settled down and is behaving itself now. My setup is either one display or the other, rarely both together (although they are in different rooms). The picture quality is excellent (as it should be!). I tried it with another 4k source (a PC) and it certainly worked at 2160p 60khz.

Hope this helps

jampet
Tuning in
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the repky stricko.

i have just ordered the same box as you use. I did ideally want more than 1 input but this will surfice for now as i dont want to spend a fortune on it. 

0 Kudos