Menu
stricko
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

4k HDMI Splitting Problem

Hi all, I've been successfully running a v6 with an HDMI splitter for a while, but the availability of the 4k channels prompted me to to check the spec, and it turned out to be HDCP 1.4. So I upgraded to this unit....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01NA6FVBA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and bought a couple of 18gbps cables.

Connect the v6 box directly to either the TV, or the amp/projector, and I get a solid 2160p signal. Insert the splitter, and everything drops back to 1080p. I've talked to the manufacturer, who has supplied an alternative box, but still no progress.

Has anyone had a similar experience, or can anyone recommend a full 4k hdcp 2.2 splitter that actually works.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4k HDMI Splitting Problem

What's the model of your TV, Amp and projector? Just so we're clear as to what your complete setup is.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
stricko
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

TV side: V6 direct to Samsung UE55JU700 (via the one HDMI port that supports HDCP 2.2)

Projector side: V6 to Denon AVR-X1400 amp and onto Optoma UHD-51 Projector

To repeat my earlier comment, v6 to both sides gives good 2160p signal.

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

To clarify a few things when using the splitter.
With only your V6 powered do you get 2160p video input to your TV?
With only your Amp and Projector Powered what resolution do you get?
Are any of the devices set to 3d video?
Have your tried removing the Amp from the loop and only connecting the TV and Projector via the splitter?

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
stricko
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Sensible questions;

V6 -> TV    2160p
V6 -> Splitter -> TV 1080p

V6 -> AVR -> Projector   2160p
V6 -> Projector    2160p
V6 -> Splitter -> AVR -> Projector 1080p
V6 -> Splitter -> Projector 1080p

AVR -> Projector 720p (I think, not 100% sure)

AVR has no setup options related to 3D. Projector 3D mode is OFF. TV 3D mode is OFF

0 Kudos
stricko
Tuning in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, it all seems to have gone quiet on this. Further testing (including trying with my other V6 box!) has still not produced a split 2160p video output. The suppliers of the splitter have been very good, supplying a replacement box (same result) and offering a full refund.

So, I go back to my original question. Has anyone managed to use a HDMI splitter to get 2160p feeds to 2 (or more...) outputs? And if so, which one?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi stricko, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue when introducing third party equipment. 

There isn't much we can advise on here. Hopefully a member of the Community will jump on to give some information or advice. 

Failing that, speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they can refer you over to our Gadget Rescue service. It is chargeable but they may be able to help you get things sorted. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
stricko
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to bump this but has anyone out there managed to successfully split a 2160p hdmi output? I find it surprising that I’m the not person to have tried this?

0 Kudos
stricko
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Just a bump.

Has anyone out there got a hdmi splitter to feed 2 4K/uhd devices from a v6 box? If so which model did you use? 

0 Kudos
BigMeechy
Joining in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi mate

I don’t know if I’m understanding your issue, but you’re looking to have multiple inputs into one HDMI port?

if so this should work: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077718B2X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_e8M7BbPQGKJH6

After doing some research this is the best box out there. Got mine the other day and tested with PS4 and plays Blu-ray fine (HDCP 2.x). 

BUT I haven’t got Virgin yet, it comes on Tuesday so you can wait for me to check it out

0 Kudos