Menu
Annoyed1001
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

4K UHD on old Tivo box

Hello,

Just upgraded my TV package for BT sports and the UHD channels. I have a 4k tv, but would the Tivo box be able to output 4k Res from the HDMI port?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 4K UHD on old Tivo box

Old TiVo is not 4K but will allow you to watch, I believe, the 4K channels in HD (which your TV should upscale).

You need V6 for ‘proper’ 4K.

Annoyed1001
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This is what i thought.. even though the woman on the phone said it would be 4K! After she signed me up to another 12 month contract and charged me £100 to move the box to another room! Shambles.. 

Does any staff use these forums?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, there are Virgin Media staff active here but they can take around a week at times to get to each thread.

You’d be better taking up your issue with Retentions.

0 Kudos
Annoyed1001
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie 🙂

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

Old TiVo is not 4K but will allow you to watch, I believe, the 4K channels in HD (which your TV should upscale).

It doesn't, it throws up a subscription error on both 4K channels. The streams hit the box at 4K resolution and the TiVo doesn't have the hardware to decode them and downscale. V6 should be offered free to anyone taking Full House now.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Annoyed1001
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yeah unfortunately, i tried getting a new box with my subscription (since i was taking up a new 12 month contract) but the woman on the phone was having none of it, and would only do it if a paid £130 for a new box.

Had to go through retentions in the end to get a box, as i wanted to cancel the new package because it would of been no good to me with the old Tivo box.

Pretty poor customer service overall (besides the retention team, who were actually really nice about it)

0 Kudos
Maddy2
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi.  I got caught with this upgrade a couple of months ago once you agree on the phone. They say it’s free. 

Then an email came and said your bundle will be £20 a month more!!!

so I cancelled it.  

Now ive has the warning letter saying if I don’t upgrade my tv will loose service in Feb. 

So I rang today (Philippine’s) call centre. 

They said no extra cost will be free. 

Same thing happened again an email with £20 month increase. 

Rang em back and went mad!!!!

was promised the email was an error. 

Can I believe them.   No I’m going to tell my bank not to let take any more than normal D.D. 

You just can’t trust Virgin. 

Thinking about Free view now. 

Hope you get yours okay   

Maddy. 

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Your issue has nothing to do with the OP's thread so I don't know why you've posted here. You have a V+ box which is currently in the process of being withdrawn. What you need to do is ring up and use the "thinking of leaving us" option for UK Customer Services and explain the issue clearly and in a calm manner so that you can get that £20 credited back. I think the only thing the bank will be able to do is cancel the direct debit which is definitely not in your interests and will cause further problems.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos