cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd box not being able to connect to main box...

-Maelstrom-
Tuning in

First world problems, eh?

I've been a customer for over 2 years and in the last week I've suddenly lost the ability to view recordings from the main box, on a 2nd box. I've just seen another thread where it recommended rebooting the router as well as the boxes, so I'll give that a go later, but are there any other options?

No error codes, just that the main box no longer appears on the 2nd box, but the main box still list the 2nd, and I can still access recordings from the 2nd box on the main one. At the moment, I've just restarted both boxes, checked connections and tried renaming them, just in case that would prompt a connection.

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

When I had 2 V6 boxes and had any problems like this I had to go to settings, network, connect to the virgin media services now, had to do this on both boxes sometimes it took 2 or 3 goes.

Cheers. I'll give it a go. I think I've only reconnected with the 2nd box so far

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can both V6 use OnDemand services OK? That uses the same connection, and is a good test.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks everyone. I seem to be sorted now, after rebooting both devices and, this time, the router. Both boxes could access OnDemand services, but now they can both 'see' each other.