cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd box installation

Markpspzl
Tuning in

Hello,

I have the ultimate oomph package just one box at the min and would like my 2nd box upstairs in the bedroom.

My question is will the engineer run the cable from the brown box outside or the white box inside ?

You see I don't want wires running through my house

Thanks for any help 

Mark

6 REPLIES 6

LittleMick73
Superstar

Unfortunately it's called cable TV, so unless you have a coxial cable it won't work 

Not what I asked mate I asked would the cable run outside or inside 

Try learning to read before posting a sarcastic reply 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Others are more familiar with some of the install specifics, but in theory both of the alternatives are possible.

The most common option is for the internal cable to be split at the wall-point and separate internal cable runs to go from there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Markpspzl, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Whenever an install by an engineer is needed, they would talk through with you your options before starting work. Sometime an external cable isn't possible depending on the location of the box outside and where you want the install. Other times it makes more sense to do it this way. 

I would personally book the visit and talk through your options with the engineer. If you are unhappy with what way it would need to be done, the engineer can come away and the team can re-look at your package instead. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you, I've booked an engineer appointment today 👍

That's great Markpspzl

Please do keep us updated with how things go?

Regards

Lee_R