cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd V6 box in my parent house

PJPycroft
Joining in

My elderly parent already have Max with sport package. Myself and my wife had to look after them constantly due to their health & wellbeing (they both aged 89 & 85 years old). Myself and my wife have contract with V6 box with Max package - in different address.

My parent have VirginMedia cable connection in another room so it is possible to plug in my existing V6 box (with recorded movie/soap in HDD) in their house. Would that be straightforward to plug in and watch it.

I'm not sure if the cable feed have a marker ID for connection for V6 box? I have to inform Virgin Media to move V6 box to their house (with existing cable connection?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Sorry, but you can't move kit like that. Each box has to be at the same address for the account it's attached to.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

I don't see the harm in trying this, after all you're not trying to cheat VM. And it's by no means clear to me that there will be a problem if you have an activated and working V6.

Of course the second socket need to be live, so check by first connecting your parents' V6 to it.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The first thing the V6 box will do when it boots is try to authenticate through the internet connection with the VM hub. If the hub comes up as on a different account to the V6 you are likely to have problems.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks