cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White lights

roland-rat
Tuning in

Evening

i have 2 white arrows on my v6 box, what do they mean?

in the middle of watching Netflix when they appeared and kicked me off Netflix.

internet is fine. Sons Xbox connected via Ethernet cable to hub also stops working.

this has been an ongoing issue for few weeks, so engineer visited last week. It has improved but still happening.

Eng said signal level was low, so took out 2 splitters.

v6 in front room connects either wifi or power adapters to hub in other room. But both not working 

any advice please?

TIA

9 REPLIES 9

Richw1982
Rising star

Sounds like Hub isn't issuing IP addresses correctly over ethernet.  Have you tried a pinhole reset?  Press and hold the reset button on the back of the hub for 15 seconds, release for 5.  Do this 3 times and then wait 10 mins for it to boot up.  Also reboot the V6 and try.  Failing this disconnect the ethernet lead from the V6 and connect it via Wi-Fi

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Thanks. Will try tomorrow 

Hi roland-rat,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, How are things, did you try the pin reset as advised, I have had a look at things our end and can see you have spoken to us and it looked like a provisioning issue which can be resolved with a pin reset.

Regards

Paul.

Hi 

it’s been ok for a week with me only rebooting the hub.

I will try this one next time

thank you

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If this happens in future, a quick check you can do, is....

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look in the top-right. This reports your V6's internet connection status, and you should see an IP address. This - in basic terms - checks that your box is "online"

If necessary, then go to the bottom of the screen and force a connection using "Connect to Virgin Media Services now"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi 

this is still happening. I have had 2 engineers out how and after the last one left on Thursday it happened again on Saturday night.

I have another engineer coming out on Saturday but not holding out hope.

I have tried the reset but it is still happening 

TIA

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How is your V6 connected to your homehub, for onward internet?

What is reported in the top-right corner of the network connections screen? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Afternoon 

my v6 says Ethernet connection details 

IP adress 

mac id 

last night it went again and also Wednesday morning

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If an IP address is displayed, then your V6 is (essentially) online. It's not entirely clear if you're seeing this when your VOD is dropping, or after?

You can try the TV speed test facility which should prove your V6 has a working connection and is capable of streaming.. Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > (top of screen) > TV Speed test

Do you have any problems with your VM home broadband apart from via your V6?