cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Years Of Asking For CNN in HD

Pete_Notts
Up to speed

In this day and age we are all more than ever wired to the news.

When it comes to the US..we are all more tuned in for a litany of reasons...now more than ever.

Yet you have HD options for obscure channels, that nobody truely watches..like Comedy Gold, NHK World Japan, F24EngHD, Bloomberg TV HD

Sure.

Keep those 'low interest' HD channels if you deem them worthy..

*BUT* add a channel that truely matters to discerning customers with an IQ in excess of their shoe size..

In these uncertain times, I know that I..and others..look towards BBC News 24 HD, Sky News HD..and then for the real US insight, we go to CNN - which you still resolutely refuse to offer in HD. A channel that actually matters, vs the comedy and old age sites :-((

Give us CNN in HD please. Your more intelligent customers would be grateful..even if not always agreeing with opinions on said platform. It's an excellent channel for keeping us informed of what is happening in the US...arguably more useful than rewatching episodes of 'Only Fools And Horses' endlessly.

Take Care

Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Pete,

not the answer you are looking for, but you can stream the UK version of the CNN channel and it looks like it's in HD https://edition.cnn.com/

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Pete,

not the answer you are looking for, but you can stream the UK version of the CNN channel and it looks like it's in HD https://edition.cnn.com/

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave for that really quick reply..!!

Yes, you are right. The stream certainly appears in HD..and after several minutes of watching now - it's a consistent non-buffering feed as well.

My friend, do not be surprised if I ask you for this weekend's lottery numbers..I'd buy them..lol :-))

Seriously though, thanks for the reply and ace link - very much appreciated. Be well & A Happier Safer 21 ahead

Pete

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI again Pete,

Thanks for the update. I'm pleased the link was suitable.

Stay safe and take care, and a happier and healthier New Year to your good self and family..

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Although the OP is happy to have the option of a stream in HD, I don't think this should be marked as 'answered'.

The original question was for an HD CNN channel, not a streaming link?

Whether possible or not, it would be good to keep it open. I would also appreciate an HD CNN channel.

Apologies.

I see what you are saying. You are right that it does not resolve the question posed.

I just thought of it as a question constructively answered when I clicked on the link to say so - rather than thinking of the matter addressed.

It was an alternative helpful reply that I appreciated, and seemed good manners to label it accordingly.

It would still be great to have it on the platform as an option of course, and hope that comes to pass - or at least seriously considered in the very near future.

There's a reason I avoid forums - and all social media unequivocally - I never understand the niceties, protocols or unwritten rules from one place to the next 😬😐

Back into my cave I scurry - but at least with a new option I didn't have before first posting :-))

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What channel versions are available are up to the broadcaster, not the provider.

The only provider carrying CNN HD is Sky. All the others carry it in SD. On Virgin CNN SD is just a rebroadcast of a satellite feed. HD channels have to be fed uncompressed direct to Virgin’s master headend, which is also the responsibility of the broadcaster.

If CNN wanted to be on VM in HD, they would arrange it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
we have Internet why do we need News TV channels

Thank you for that detailed informative reply.

Oh well, I hope CNN decide that Virgin Media is a superb platform to share it's high quality HD stream with...we are far nicer than Sky as well, and much nicer customers 😁

"we have Internet why do we need News TV channels"

..Well because I want to use my internet for a gazillion things every day, and in the background to have my TV being...well a TV - that shows..TV stuff..what it's designed for, and why we have boxes to facilitate this..whilst I shop, game, stream etc so much on my computer... 😉