Menu
SEAT60
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

£100 for upgrade

Called virgin media yesterday to find out how much it would , if there was any cost to upgrade my multi room old slow TiVo box to a V6 box.  

Didnt think that there would be a fee, but when the customer advisor said they would be a charge of £100 I was gob smacked. 

Im already paying too much but don’t mind that cause I’m on the Vivid 350 bundle with movies and sky sports. 

But it’s Nice to see how I’m thought of as a loyal customer or maybe not 

seat60 

stevespeed5
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: £100 for upgrade

Seat60, I too was told that I would have to pay £120 each to upgrade my 2 old TiVo box's, reason I was miffed about this is the boxes are only any good on the Virgin network and are rented not purchased from VM so why should the upgrade cost the customer that is already paying for the services to be provided, let me know if you get any joy from VM, if anyone from VM reads these messages.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello SEAT60,

Thanks for your post

I will be more than happy to have a look at this for you. 

I will drop you a PM now and we can take it from here.

Regards Gareth_L 

jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@stevespeed5 wrote:

Seat60, I too was told that I would have to pay £120 each to upgrade my 2 old TiVo box's, reason I was miffed about this is the boxes are only any good on the Virgin network and are rented not purchased from VM so why should the upgrade cost the customer that is already paying for the services to be provided, let me know if you get any joy from VM, if anyone from VM reads these messages.

IMO.   It's all about supply and demand.  Last year I got 3 V6 boxes to replace my Tivo, V & V+ ones - all installed and activated for a total of £49 - which I thought of as a good deal.  In ~April this year they were offering free V6 upgrades to existing customers - you obviously missed it - but  many 1000's didn't - with the knock on consequence that so many were ordered they couldn't supply the demand and had to stop the deal and increase prices to curb that demand.  I don't know where they are currently up to with clearing the backlog, but once it has eased they will surely have the deal on again.  Although, I think they have to remove all the old V boxes from the system this year - so I would guess that customers with those old boxes - and new customers (natch) will get serviced first.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
stevespeed5
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the Explanation JBrennand, just a shame they (VM) don't want to look after existing customers by explaining the situation in the first place instead of overcharging, VM have never mentioned there was an issue with the supply of the V6 boxes and they are still pushing them in their advertising for new customers, Anyone on here from VM like to comment?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think the best they will say is what Dan from the team just posted in another thread....

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Upgrade-charges-for-V6-box/td-p/3740052

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos