cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 hours of Eastenders!

wisedroid
Up to speed

Anyone else got 10 hours of Eastenders on their guide currently this evening??  It is on both of my boxes so I assume it is a general error in the guide.

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @wisedroid 

Is this for BBC1 HD?

The correct listings are showing on my 360 box.

The V6 calls home around once every six hours to update the EPG.

You could try and force an EPG update by going to Home - Help and Settings - Settings - Network - Connect to the Virgin Media service now.

Even a box reboot may force the EPG update.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks newapollo! Tried those things but still the same - someone I know also has the same so may be that the V6 guide comes from a different source to the 360. Not a big deal but was interested to know if it was just me!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There should never be a need to reboot a V6 to force an EPG update - that's what the manual connection option does.

My V6 is showing correct listings for tonight - when did yours last update?

The V6 & TV360 use the same source data for their EPG

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Just done the manual connection again - this time it took a little while and it's now fixed 🙂

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yayyyy

Thanks for updating the thread @wisedroid 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

No problem! Thanks both for your help! Passed it on to my friend and it fixed it for them too.

Hi Wisedroid 👋 welcome back to the community! Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear about the 10 hours of Eastenders showing in the guide! Really pleased to see that the community were able to offer some help and get this sorted for you. Huge thanks to them! We do advise regularly rebooting the boxes so that any updates can install. 

Really glad to hear the knowledge has helped other customers too! We love to see it. 🥳

Let us know if there is anything else you need our help with. 

Wishing you all the best! 🌞

Molly