cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin tv 360

Suze5269
Settling in

Installed the latest 360 and all appears well,but I have one issue. Recording programmes etc instructions are very sparse and I need some info,  Can anyone help me please ?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Royalbeech
Superfast

@Suze5269 wrote:

Installed the latest 360 and all appears well,but I have one issue. Recording programmes etc instructions are very sparse and I need some info,  Can anyone help me please ?  Thanks.

Find a program to record and press the record button, the one above the play/pause button, then follow the instructions.

The advanced options will give you more options. 

Little bit of advice, don't be scared to try things out, look at all the options, press button etc.. you won't break anything. That's how you learn. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Suze5269 wrote:

There's lot's of helpful info for the 360 on the following page https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360 

The following advice regarding recordings may also be useful:-

To go to recordings - press MIC and say "Recordings" - you then get two lists - one is recorded programmes and one is schedule recordings. Or press Home > Saved > Recordings > Recorded > See All lists everything recorded by program name. You can use voice control and say 'Saved' to go straight to the available recordings.

You get one line per series/channel - so 5 recordings of one series will all appear as a single entry. You select that entry to see the episodes. To do the same with the remote press Home > Saved and the Ok button gives you the same as the voice control.

When setting up a series link go to advanced and select which box you require, note when you select which box you want it will be the same, the next time you go to set a recording. You can also do this with the TV GO app

The 360 does not have a wish list however you can search for something using voice (e.g. ‘Movies with John Wayne’) and then manually save the result to your Watch list.

The series link starts from the season you set it too ie if there are 8 seasons and you set the 1st recording at season 4 it will record seasons 4 to 8.

When you set a series recording and select a specific box that series will be recorded on that box going forward, even if the default box is set to the other one. So all you need to do is reset your series links to record on the box you want them to. Unfortunately to reset the links, you'll need to delete and reset.

At present there is no New Only option. The 360 will record all new shows from the season that you start your recordings from.
Unfortunately, it will also record repeats of shows that you have watched then deleted. This is a bug that has a fix coming in a future release.

If you want to delete a show from the Recordings screen instead of clicking OK and 'Delete recording' you can press the Record button and you get the 'Delete show' option

The delete shows option is in Saved > Recorded > See All > Manage Storage. You'll need your PIN

If you have more than one series recorded and you want to delete the whole series, select the series on the left and press record button and you'll get a 'Delete series' menu.

To skip forwards/backwards 15 minutes in recordings - press MIC and say "go forward 15 minutes" or "go back 15 minutes"
You can also say "fast forward 10 minutes" or whatever amount of time you want

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali