cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgraded v6 to 360 and picture quality is poor

cdelly
Joining in

20210727_183842.jpg

The picture above, is prime direct on my Samsung TV.

The picture below is via the 360 box. the 360 seems to change the picture every 2 to 3 weeks. I then have to reset the box umpteen time before it rectifies this.

Yesterday, I left the 360 on whilst watching prime via the TV, the box seemed to reset itself, but this morning was back to this again.

I have changed the hdmi's around, had it directly to the tv to no avail. Funny how the mini box has never had any problems 

20210727_183454.jpg

41 REPLIES 41

@martingg wrote:

While I got you any news on the only one remote being able to link per box. I know you can use a phone or iPad to use as a remote, but it’s not the same as a remote. Any of the design team looking at a direct voice control on the box like Alexa. It seems like the V360 design team dropped the ball on this design point. Customers have had the option and have taken advantage of two remotes + per box in the past now they can’t.

You can buy a one for all remote the URC7125 if you really need a 2nd remote.

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/one-for-all-evolve-2-urc7125-universal-remote-control-10152830.htm...

https://www.oneforall.co.uk/universal-remotes/urc-7125-evolve-2#/step-1

Ive experienced this issue with my 360 box, I think I've figured out what causes the sudden colour saturation issue occurring randomly, for me I was just watching ITV HD with no issues on the 360 box all day, i then I fired up Amazon prime video via my Samsung QLED TVs smart APPS, I watched a program on there for a couple of hours, exited out of Prime video and alas ITV HD channel was looking all weird, the colour saturation was like I'd set all of the colour settings to max, everyone had a deep dark orange tan, I had to reset my 360 box for it to change back to normal, however my 360 menu/guide still looks very washed out, looks more greyish than the vibrant purple like it used it, suffice to say that I think 360 box has an issue when jumping between Prime video on a TV smart app and 360 channels! 

Exactly the same issue myself, ITV to prime video and back screws up the colour and picture

Hi TerryD80. 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your picture quality too. 

Checking the 360 box at this end, I can see the input levels are a little on the high side. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

When i turn off my 360 box via the remote, my 3 yr old Samsung shows a twirly icon in the centre  of the screen to show it's disconnecting.

Sometimes, when watching Prime on the 360 box's app, when going from the end of one episode to the next one automatically, i will get the twirly icon to show that for some reason it's disconnecting. I wll then sometimes, but not always get a message saying there is something wrong with my hdmi connection..No other app gives me this issue.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Cawsie

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

Are you able to let us know if you have tried an alternative HDMI port ?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Cath

In relation to your response, what exactly is meant by "input levels are a little high" in relation to my issue? What causes these high input levels and what are the symptoms? What is a input level?

Thanks 

Hi TerryD80,

What Kath means is that the signals that are going to your TV box to provide you with service are slightly out of balance. When this happens, whether the signal is too high or low, it can cause issues with your TV service such as picture quality/sound issues.

Beth

I have the exact same issue. I could be watching Prime and once back on any channel the colours are severely bright.

Need to go through process or power off 360 box, unplugging hdmi cable, replacing cables etc

Checked settings numerous occasions and all fine. If switching to inbuilt free view on tv the picture is always perfect.

Would agree with vast majority that it only happened once the box was updated to the 360 software.

Still no fix and nothing I do seems to resolve it permanently. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you go into the 360 Settings >  Audio & Video > HDMI Resolution try setting it to Automatic.

Also Settings > Audio & Video >  Match Frame Rate - set to ON  to see if that helps.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali