cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade from V6 to 360

busbyvideo
Tuning in

Hi.  Virgin have messed up the order. I installed the new kit and it wont upgrade from V6 to 360. Have phoned 6 times and spoke to 6 different people (in India?) They now say I have to rip out all the equipment and they will send new equipment as my box has the wrong codes. They don't seem to know what they are talking about as they didn't even know I had a new router and 2nd box was changed. Had to read out all the serial numbers for my equipment. Still getting error MA1/1

18 REPLIES 18

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi is your system working OK as a V6 setup if so I would strongly advise you leave well alone as there have been mixed views on the 360 box. Regards Micky

Yes working OK as V6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The error code you've quoted, is indeed related to a mismatch between the software your box is trying to run, and what VM's systems say it should be running.

Unfortunately for yourself, once an order to convert from TiVo/V6 > 360 is in process, it can't be reversed or paused and after a few days it's very likely your V6 will force you to accept what is likely the pending software drop.

Make sure of all your equipment serial numbers and either callback in, or wait on here for staff to respond. That may take a few days, just to make you aware.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

OK Thanks

I have an Arris box, so is that too old for the upgrade to 360?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All V6 boxes are perfectly capable of receiving the 360 software conversion.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi busbyvideo, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having a few issues since upgrading to the 360 service. 

Taking a look at the account I can see you've spoken to someone earlier today and they have arranged an engineer to come out to resolve things. 

Please let us know how the visit goes and if you need further support fter the visit - you know where we are. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes The upgrade seemed to work and got to the point it said downloading your channels, but then box went red.  I left it on all night to see if it would finish the channels, but now wont get past the welcome screen. Light stays on red now.  I have phoned at least 6 times and have had 2 new mini boxes sent out and a new modem, but still cant get the V6 box to work. The new mini box is working upstairs now.  I think I have spoken to everyone in India by now.  They have tried all the sofware updates and all the usual rebooting options, but now need an engineer to fix the problem.  I think with a major update like this, an engineer with a box with all the new software should be sent to do these installations.  You can't have pensioners with little I.T. knowledge tearing their hair out for 2 weeks and running up large phone bills to get a TV system working.  Not good customer service.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@busbyvideo wrote:

I think with a major update like this, an engineer with a box with all the new software should be sent to do these installations.  You can't have pensioners with little I.T. knowledge tearing their hair out for 2 weeks and running up large phone bills to get a TV system working.

To be fair, the vast majority of V6/360 conversions go well and an engineer appointment that can be better utilised on other faults is often overkill - not to mention unnecessary in some cases.

That said, if things have gone wrong - then you should have been offered one if necessary. I'm not sure how you've managed to run up a large phone bill. VM's CS number is a free call from a Virgin phone and a standard landline call from anywhere else.