cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tv package changed

simonwray
Joining in

after signing up a new 18month contract keepin same package (tv channels) it appears i don't have same channels i did before?

7 REPLIES 7

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What TV package were you on?

If it is a "legacy" no longer sold package you will be changed to it's current equivalent.

For example, if you were on XL/Full House TV, you will now be on Maxit TV. XL/Full House included the Kids channels as standard. Maxit TV does not.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mix tv package before and still am has for eg sky sports news now i have'nt

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you were on Mix before your re-contract, you cannot be on it now and will have changed. What package is shown on your new contract? I would guess Mixit, which is not the same as Mix.

Mix is no longer sold, so new contracts cannot have it on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @simonwray 

Double check the new contract - it sounds like yuo've been moved from the obsolete Mix tier to the new Mixit tier.

The Mixit tier doesn't have Sky Sports News

You can compare the difference between Mix (column 2) and Mixit (column 4) on the page below.

/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide 

You can add /Personal_Picks  for missing channels. The Entertainment and Sport Lite personal Pick has Sky Sports News included.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

just checked now on mix it tv package 

how do i add personal picks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have a short time after posting to edit your posts, to save having to reply multiple times - choose "post options" in the top-right and "edit post"

To make any changes to your package, you'll need to call in - 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

You either have 14days cooling-off from your original package change to revert to Mix and renegotiate again, or just add the personal pick. I strongly recommend familiarising yourself with the channel guide linked above, that way when you call in you are informed as to what bundle you might need - instead of taking the agent's word for it.