cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tv 360 remote with backlight

KEVAN58
Tuning in

Hi all 

I have purchased a new remote with backlight from 2021 which has 4 batteries .I can pair it with my tv 360 box fine but cannot pair it to the tv which is an LG model from 2019 .I have been in settings and found the pair to tv part but I get an error message which cannot connect at this time with a error message beginning in c please try again later .this was a few days ago .has anyone else had this problem or can you shed any light many thanks kevan 

9 REPLIES 9

roy247
Community elder

The rest of the error code after C would help.

Have you tried factory resetting and repairing the remote,

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote.

After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

Then try pairing to the TV again.

Hi roy247 

many thanks for your reply yes I tried that but still nothing .the newer remote I have works fine the one with two batteries .But I wanted the remoter with a backlight 4 batteries . I will get the c code soon and get back to you 

thanks again 

roy247
Community elder

I am guessing you have unpaired the original remote from the 360 because you can only have one remote paired.

hi Roy247 

the remote unpairs itself when I pair the new one to the box but I remove the batteries to it too is there a way of unpairing the remote 

thanks 

roy247
Community elder

That should be ok with the batteries being removed. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@KEVAN58 wrote:

Hi all 

I have purchased a new remote with backlight from 2021 which has 4 batteries .I can pair it with my tv 360 box fine but cannot pair it to the tv which is an LG model from 2019 .

It's possible that the "new" remote is actually faulty and that is why it was may have been put up for sale by a previous customer.

The remote pairing may also fail if the 360 is having issues connecting to the internet - usually an error code along the lines of CS9994 or CS9995. If it is either of those two error codes try rebooting the 360 and then pairing the remote again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi all tried it again this morning and all seems good now so maybe there was temporary fault on vm network thanks all for your help 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hui again @KEVAN58 

Thanks for the update.

Pleased to see it's all working again.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi KEVAN58

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you were having pairing the remote.

I am happy to see this is now resolved and working for you 🙂

If you do have any further questions or concerns, please pop back to us here and we would be happy to help. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide