cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tv 360 error message

awaymageordie
Joining in

hi

tried to upgrade to 360 when I received my new remotes. went through process which stopped midway through with error message MA 1/4/40.

this error message is still showing when I try to upgrade again and doesn't allow me to try and re-install.

anyone else had this issue and able to resolve it.

thanks

18 REPLIES 18

I gave in and phoned virgin techs.  It really didn't take that long to get through. The first call resulted in the update being done. All I had to do was pair the RC with my TV.  But another error came up - CS6210 - settings can't be updated.  Shortly after that the V6 box locked up. Wouldn't respond to either the new or the old RC.  Phoned techs. again and they got it working as it should, so far as I can tell.  Still not happy about losing my recordings.  My thanks to the techs. who spoke to me in plain English.  I understood every word.

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

@dimbutnice wrote:

I gave in and phoned virgin techs.  It really didn't take that long to get through. The first call resulted in the update being done. All I had to do was pair the RC with my TV.  But another error came up - CS6210 - settings can't be updated.  Shortly after that the V6 box locked up. Wouldn't respond to either the new or the old RC.  Phoned techs. again and they got it working as it should, so far as I can tell.  Still not happy about losing my recordings.  My thanks to the techs. who spoke to me in plain English.  I understood every word.

Thanks for calling in, it really should take long for you to get through if you have 360 and we really need to understand any issues people are having with the kit. 

One more thing; if you didn't want to lose recordings why did you upgrade?  This was totally optional

Ah, a response once your colleagues have sorted things out.  A pity you didn't get in touch earlier when you could have helped me.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Personally, @dimbutnice , I’m disappointed in your attitude, especially as, in this very thread, @BlueLou responded  very quickly and advised you to phone in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

You're easily disappointed.  But that's your problem, not mine.  The nice young men I spoke to sorted me out.  TaTa!

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

@dimbutnice wrote:

Ah, a response once your colleagues have sorted things out.  A pity you didn't get in touch earlier when you could have helped me.

You seem to be overestimating my abilities!
I honestly don’t have any technical access (or ability). 

Glad you’re sorted though. 

I have exactly the same issue, i am now on my 15th phone call was hanging on today for 1 hour and 20 minutes only to get cut off,

A engineer was booked  to call today but did not show up and ive had enough now

Badger1966
Tuning in
Had the same issue. I thought maybe the hard drive may have been too full. I started clearing recorded programs and before I finished it suddenly finished the update 🙂 All working super good now.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Badger1966

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear you've been having some issues with the update, I'm glad to hear clearing the recordings help to speed things up.

Should you have any further issues, please let us know and we'll be happy to assist. 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide