cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tv 360 error message

awaymageordie
Joining in

hi

tried to upgrade to 360 when I received my new remotes. went through process which stopped midway through with error message MA 1/4/40.

this error message is still showing when I try to upgrade again and doesn't allow me to try and re-install.

anyone else had this issue and able to resolve it.

thanks

18 REPLIES 18

LoneSpeaker
Superfast

I had this error (or at least a very similar error) when trying to upgrade my 2nd box.  Turning the power off and on again fixed it for me.

hi

thanks for your response.

I powered off the box at socket but message remained when power put back on.

will give it another try.

If rebooting is not working I would call support and ask to be put through to the TV 360 team. i am sure they could re push the update from there end 

Received remote control today and tried updating.  Same error message.  Perhaps a temporary blip.  I'll try again tomorrow.

Hmm if this is still happening please call in and we should be able to fix it 

hi

if you unplug from socket for around 5 minutes and then reconnect it should work. just done this myself and now all changed to 360

Got the RC yesterday. Tried upgrading but this failed part way through with the message "Upgrade failed. Sorry the installation hasn't worked. Please come back later and try again. (error MA1/4/40)"

Tried again this AM. As soon as I clicked on the upgrade option in the home screen I got the same message.  Any technical people out there?  Please advise.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If it's not working then it's something faults team can support with and escalate to further technical teams if needed.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

dimbutnice
On our wavelength

Silence from Virgin.  Can I remind you that I'm spending MY time trying to update YOUR kit. TV360 doesn't have anything I want, in fact I lose my recordings.  Until I get guidance from Virgin the remote control will lie in a drawer.  I'm not going to waste time going through the interminable telephone options to get to the faults team.

Over to you.