cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sound and picture out of sync

jeza64
Joining in

HI, I RECENTLY UPGRADED TO VIGIN 360 AND SINCE THEN ALL MY CHANNELS SOUND IS OUT OF SYNC WITH THE PICTURE !! I HAVE TRIED ADJUSTING IT IN THE SETTINGS BUT IT DOES NOT WORK. IF IT  CANNOT BE FIXED  CAN I ROLL BACK TO THE OLDER SOFTWARE ??

34 REPLIES 34

sevedeve
Joining in

Hi Jeza

Did you get my set of instructions on how to sort the problem that I posted?

Peter

still not right. its a little better with dolby disabled..its a bit random. just watching bbc 1 and the TV sound is more in sync than the sound bar but I just checked prime and it was out slightly on TV and sound bar !!!

roy247
Community elder

If the 360 is connected to a HDMI-ARC connector on the TV try using a non ARC HDMI connector.

have tried that peter but it's not great. 

I'll look into the hdmi thing.

hdmi doesnt work as cannot run it tv then to soundbar !!

roy247
Community elder

From your previous posts I thought the 360 was connected to the TV by HDMI and the TV to soundbar using an optical cable, just try using a non arc HDMI connector on the TV as using HDMI-ARC has been known to cause problems, it is usually HDMI 1 on the TV.

does that mean I need to reconnect the sound bar from the TV via optical?

roy247
Community elder

@jeza64 wrote:

does that mean I need to reconnect the sound bar from the TV via optical?

I think we need to get back to the basic's here, assuming you only watch TV via the 360 then the ideal configuration would be the 360 connected to the soundbar and then soundbar to TV using HDMI,  connecting to a non arc HDMI connector on the TV.

You can then connect the TV to the soundbar using optical for when you watch something on the TV to feed the sound to the soundbar. The downside on this is if you watch say netflix on the TV as an example you will probably lose dolby 5.1 to the soundbar thats why they use HDMI-ARC from the TV to soundbar as most optical cable connections only support 2 channel stereo.

What HDMI connection's does your soundbar have, better still what model TV and soudbar do you have.

lg 42lw650t

samsung hw-h750

roy247
Community elder

Hi jeza64,

from a quick look at the manuals I would connect the 360 to the soundbar HDMI in, soundbar HDMI out to the TV's HDMI input 2.

You can connect the fibre optic cable from the TV to the soundbar for when you watch terrestrial TV and want the sound from the soundbar.

If this doesn't work and I think you have tried the 360 to HDMI (use input 2) on the TV and fibre optic to the soundbar and that doesn't work then you could be in the same position as the users in this thread 😕 😞