cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sound and picture out of sync

jeza64
Joining in

HI, I RECENTLY UPGRADED TO VIGIN 360 AND SINCE THEN ALL MY CHANNELS SOUND IS OUT OF SYNC WITH THE PICTURE !! I HAVE TRIED ADJUSTING IT IN THE SETTINGS BUT IT DOES NOT WORK. IF IT  CANNOT BE FIXED  CAN I ROLL BACK TO THE OLDER SOFTWARE ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, jeza64,

Sorry to hear that our audio is not in sync. Have to been able to get this sorted since you post? Have you tried the online troubleshooter here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/diagnostics/i-can-t-watch-my-tv/your-tv-sound-isnt-working

Cheers,

Corey C

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

34 REPLIES 34

roy247
Community elder

No you can't roll back to TiVo software and become  a V6 again.

So we have to try and fix your sync problems, are you connected 360 to TV and using the TV speakers, or is there a soundbar involved.

Are you using HDMI arc if using a soundbar or fibre optic cable.

Have you tried the dolby settings in Audio and Video.

TV Connected to 360 with hdmi and soundbar connected to tv with optical.

roy247
Community elder

You could try the 360 connected to the soundbar directly using the fibre cable and setting dolby to follow content.

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, jeza64,

Sorry to hear that our audio is not in sync. Have to been able to get this sorted since you post? Have you tried the online troubleshooter here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/diagnostics/i-can-t-watch-my-tv/your-tv-sound-isnt-working

Cheers,

Corey C

not fixed yet. waiting for a longer optical cable to connect direct to soundbar to see if that works..

Hi @jeza64 thanks for getting back to us.

Do you mean you've ordered a longer optical cable from a 3rd party retailer?

Regards

Lee_R

yes. it arrived a couple of days ago. I've tried a bit and I think it's a bit better but I need to check different channel's 

Thank you for that information jeza64. 

Please do let us know how the channels are with the new cable. 

^Martin

so. its not been so bad but watched a film on prime last night and it was terrible!!