cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Channel Failed" issue

soulfulscotsman
On our wavelength

Hi all,

Tonight my TV picture has been breaking up very briefly every 30-60 seconds with a flash of the "Channel Failed" error window, error code CS2004. 

My setup hasn't changed or been touched for months. I've checked all connections are secure. I've rebooted the box and hub. Nothing has resolved.

Service status shows no issues. Before I go down the road of asking for an engineer, is anyone else in London getting the same issue? Is there anything else I can do? (Broadband is unaffected)

Thanks,

Stephen H

32 REPLIES 32

How are things at the moment Soulfulscotsman?

Let us know, Emily.

Funnily enough the first step the guy on the phone tried to take me through when I called about the issue was to check the HDMI cable between the box and the TV. That's when I reiterated it was an issue with the signal getting to the box, and that the box was generating an error message. So it clearly wasn't box to TV.

Emily, I'm glad to say it's been absolutely fine since Wednesday. So I'm pretty confident now that the issue has indeed been fixed.

Incidentally, the fix came at the very same time as an update which changed the standby LED on the 360 box from blue to red. So maybe there's a chance a failed/stalled update was causing the issue?

Anyway, all seems good now! Thanks for asking.

Glad to hear everything is still running smoothly. 

Have a nice weekend. 

Thanks, Emily.