cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Channel Failed" issue

soulfulscotsman
On our wavelength

Hi all,

Tonight my TV picture has been breaking up very briefly every 30-60 seconds with a flash of the "Channel Failed" error window, error code CS2004. 

My setup hasn't changed or been touched for months. I've checked all connections are secure. I've rebooted the box and hub. Nothing has resolved.

Service status shows no issues. Before I go down the road of asking for an engineer, is anyone else in London getting the same issue? Is there anything else I can do? (Broadband is unaffected)

Thanks,

Stephen H

32 REPLIES 32

I finally found a moment to call Virgin Media about the issue. I explained to the gentleman what the issue was and all the steps I had taken to try and resolve it as per the self-help guide etc. He started taking me through the same steps again. The issue still remains. I'm now expecting a call back in the next four hours. It seems he wasn't able to do any further checks from his end.

Fingers crossed I can get this resolved. Last night I watched for half an hour with no issues at all. This morning, TV is just unwatchable. The pixilation is an issue itself, but the brief flash of the "Channel Failed" error message just compounds it.

Hi soulfulscotsman, 

Thanks for coming back to us to let us know you have tried the online steps. 

I have gone in to the account to look at this further for you and can see you've actually already spoken to the team now and they have booked a virtual tech call for you. Please let us know how this goes. 

If you have any further issues after the call, post back here and we can run some checks for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Kath. Unfortunately I'm heading out for work in a sec. But my partner will be home, and I've left her number on my voicemail. So I'm hoping they can chat with her to try and resolve.

Failing that hopefully I can rearrange for tomorrow morning before 11. Will wait and see.

Thanks again.

Hi soulfulscotsman, 

Thanks for sticking with me on this one. 

Yes hopefully they will be able to speak to your partner however if you have any issues then we can rebook for an engineer to attend instead if it's needed. 

Let us know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hey Kath. I haven't had a phone call yet. But I can see from the service status page that it now reflects an issue with TV, and that an engineer has been sent. There's a resolution time of 8pm.

I've set email and text alerts for updates. Fingers crossed.

Hi soulfulscotsman, 

That sounds like good news if they have found a fault as it means it should be fixed shortly. 

The alerts should let you know the latest and will notify you once it's been resolved. 

Bear in mind that the fix time is an estimate so it may well be resolved before then. It may also be extended though. 

Don't forget to reboot your box once the fault is resolved too. This will ensure any errors built up during the fault will be cleared 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

I never did receive a phone call, and the engineer fix time moved six times over two days, but I've now had an email to say the fault has been fixed. I've not had much time to watch, but from what I can tell... so far, so good!

Will keep an eye on it over the next few days, but I'm very hopeful.

Thanks for your help on this.

Hey @soulfulscotsman,

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear the fix time was pushed back multiple times but glad that the fault seems to be resolved! 

Keep us posted.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Davebreckie
On our wavelength

Do you have a pc or maybe something else connected via HDMI to your  TV

I get this same problem on a couple of channels but if I turn the PC off the channels come to life again

@Davebreckie wrote:

Do you have a pc or maybe something else connected via HDMI to your  TV

I get this same problem on a couple of channels but if I turn the PC off the channels come to life again

That sounds like an issue with the TV as opposed to the box.  The box doesn't know what might be plugged into different inputs on your TV.