cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prime

scenic
Joining in

when watching prime around 10 pm it stops and a light flashes in the middle of the box  brought the second  box i have and it did the same if i leave it for 5 mins it comes back but i have to find the program again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you get similar problems with other streaming & OnDemand services?

That would be an excellent test of whether this is an app-specific issue, or something with your connectivity.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like you're reporting that the Prime app's streaming is dropping while you're watching a programme? If so, does the same thing happen with other streaming apps or any OnDemand services?

Your 360 connects to these services via your homehub, which is connected either wirelessly or via an Ethernet cable. How is yours connected? If you're using wireless, then checking the network connections diagnostics is the next port-of-call.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

it says no network connection and a light flashes in the center of the tv box there no lights flashing on router and my phone is still connected to internet while this is happening

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So as per my previous post...

1: How is your 360 connected to your homehub, wired or wireless?

2: Do you get similar problems with other streaming & OnDemand services?

3: Can you follow Settings > Network > Diagnostics, and post what is reported?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @scenic.

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry that you are having connection issues.

I was able to locate your account, I am unable to see any known errors on your Hub. Are you able to set up a BMQ chart to show the dropouts? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Last night i ran prime on the box and also set up my tablet on the same program when prime stopped one the box my tablet was still working and playing prime which makes me think its not a problem with the hub i have tried wifi and ethernet on the box which makes no difference 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @scenic,

Thank you for this information.

Have you tried seeing if there is an update needed on the app? Have you emailed amazon about this?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you get similar problems with other streaming & OnDemand services?

That would be an excellent test of whether this is an app-specific issue, or something with your connectivity.

no problems with catchup or other streaming but talking to other users it apears they have the same problem so i am assuming its an app problem

ie. compatability with virgin box

thanks for your help 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Scenic, 

Thanks for your post, 

I am sorry that you are having an issue with the prime app, is it only at 10 pm that this issue appears?

apart from then is it fine?
Is it while watching something or browsing or both?
Zoie